Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Act V: Our brothers have secrets and probably too many fake identities

2 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Act V: Our brothers have secrets and probably too many fake identities - Page 5 Empty Re: Act V: Our brothers have secrets and probably too many fake identities

Post by Mary 07/07/20, 08:19 pm

Sam held back a smile when Eileen teased him, but he chuckled in the end. And the four of us spent a nice, carefree evening together.

--

A few months had passed since the moment Commissionner Hanakael Christensen had welcome a known criminal into his life. And so far, things had gone smoothly. He hadn't made a single mistake; they always found ways to make plans for their dates beforehand, which allowed them to make sure they wouldn't contact each other too often outside of their face-to-face meetings, so no one could suspect that they were seeing each other. But Hanakael had made one single mistake the night before: he had drunk his ass off, felt overly confident, and had dragged Crowley to his apartment. He was the discretely drunk type: no one might be able to guess from his appearance and his speech alone. He just acted more loosely around people. When he'd wake up for good, he'd actually remember throwing himself at Fergus towards the end of the evening, and the amazing sex that had ensued.
For now, he was only half asleep, and grunted painfully anytime he woke up, face first in his pillow, stark naked in his bed and yet fresh clean from a late-night shower.

He probably wouldn't have tried to chase sleep so badly if his mind had been clear enough for him to remember that he basically had half of his office at home, to be able to reply to any phone call outside of his work hours if needed. And since there had been a robbery at the station already, he was keeping a certain file in the top drawer of his working desk.
A file that read "Fergus & Anthony MacLeod".
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Act V: Our brothers have secrets and probably too many fake identities - Page 5 Empty Re: Act V: Our brothers have secrets and probably too many fake identities

Post by Gravirei 07/07/20, 09:31 pm

When Fergus' eyes lazily fluttered open, it was quite early in the morning. He was instantly alert - he didn't recognize the place he was in, for a moment. He relaxed, though, when he looked at his side and recognized Hanakael's sleeping form. Said form also had an arm and a leg slung over his body, so it was quite difficult to ignore it anyway. He felt a chuckle rumble in his chest at the sight and his gaze softened a little as he raised his hand to brush his fingertips against his lover's forehead and cheekbones - that softness did leave space to some smugness when his gaze fell on some of the bruises he had left on his neck and shoulders in the heat of the previous night. It had definitely been an unforgettable night, eh. Slowly but surely he managed to delicately disentangle himself from Hanakael, careful not to wake him up, and sat up on the bed.
He winced as he walked to the kitchen, still stark naked, both out of some pleasant kind of soreness and an unpleasant, maybe-I-have-pulled-a-muscle one. Alright, maybe he shouldn't be trying to make love like he was still a twenty-year-old.
He decided to wander the apartment after brewing himself some coffee and draping himself in a bathrobe he had found in the bathroom. It was the first time he had ever been brought in there, after all, and it felt rather important for some reason.
He would've swore he didn't have any malicious intent when he finally started to look over the Commissioner's desk. Not much malicious, anyway. Truth be told he was hoping to find something ridiculous, maybe an old picture of a younger, lankier Hana to make fun of later.
But then his eye fell over the folder on top of the desk.
And half an hour later he was sitting on the couch, the folder open at his side, and his expression settled in between betrayed, hurt and absolutely furious.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/07/20, 10:04 pm

The folder was almost entirely made of paper with a peculiar header, that read "Men of Letters". Fergus probably knew that organization as the one who had once temporarily caught Anthony and put him in a cage. Thankfully enough, he had a brother who could teleport to anywhere he had already been before, so it didn't take long for them to escape the place.
The folder had been sent to Hanakael specifically. It contained a few details about Rowena, and a few pictures or Anthony and Fergus from a long time ago. One of them was of Anthony under his snake form, attached to his specific folder, while under Fergus' name was the text 'ability: ?' written with a pen.

Truth be told, Hanakael had completely forgotten that the file that hadn't been put back under lock and key. He had been caught up re-reading bits of it two nights prior, and had simply forgotten it on his desk. It wasn't like he had planned to bring Fergus home, after all.

If he panicked a little when he finally woke up, it was merely because he realized that he had brought Fergus in his home, and that he now laid alone in his bed. He cursed and got up, letting out a startled noise when he had to stagger to the bathroom in a hurry.
Note to self: stop drinking like you're 20.

One empty stomach later, he went back to his bedroom to grab his nightgown - his bathrobe was missing - and finally walked into the living-room.
"'Morning," he said with a hoarse voice, before he looked at the open folder at Fergus' side.
It took him a few seconds to realize what it was about. When he did, though, his eyes widened with fear.
Shit.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/07/20, 10:36 pm

Fergus was sitting in a position that at first glance could've pass off as natural. Eerily relaxed, even. His face also had settled to a carefully built neutral expression. At a second, more careful glance, however, it would have been painfully clear just how artificial all that calmness was: from his flaring nostrils to the hard set of his jaw, that betrayed just how hard he was gritting his teeth. His eyes were cold, and flickered up to Hanakael's face, silently taking in his scared expression. He had to physically suffocate that part of himself that just wanted to get up and scream in Hanakael's face, because he was hurting, it hurt so damn much, to finally let go after such a long time and manage to trust someone that was not related to him by blood-

"Yes. I guess 'morning' is the most appropriate greeting, since it's definitely not a good one, Commissioner", he finally let out, after some long seconds of uncomfortable silence. He straightened up, taking a less 'relaxed' position, bringing together his hands. This was probably a way Hanakael had never seen him - the scary, menacing, cold-blooded crime boss, with no hint of flirt or playful smirk on his lips. But, well. Crowley guessed this was the day they'd see a new part of each other. "So. Did you have fun?" He paused, not elaborating at first. "Did you have fun, maming a fool out of me? I bet your colleagues back at the police station are having the time of their life", he spat. "Or maybe your friends over at the Men of Letters are still laughing at my expense. Very well played, I must say."
Of course he had jumped to the conclusion that Hanakael had just played with him to gain informations. What else could he think? Maybe he was even planning to send him back oversea at that ungodly state-approved criminal association, tied up like a Christmas present. God, had he been stupid.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/07/20, 10:53 pm

Indeed, even though Fergus had seen plenty of the Commissioner, Hana had never seen the real crime boss in front of his very eyes. Truth be told, it broke his heart to see Fergus reacting so coldly to him, and he was still under such a shock that he didn't react right away. "Wait- There's a misunderstanding," he began quickly, before he walked closer, to sit on an armchair, not too far from the other man. "Fergus, I've always been honest about our relationship," he started hesitantly. Shit, he was not in the best conditions for this kind of conversation, with his hangover and all.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/07/20, 11:14 pm

Fergus' narrowed eyes didn't seem to hold much pity for Hanakael's state. Hangover or not, he was well owed some explanations before he walked out of that door, and he was sure as hell going to have them. He let out an outraged snort at his first affirmation, sudden anger burning inside his stomach and demanding he immediately called out that obvious hurtful lie, but was quick to reign himself back in. "Sure you were", he answered with an almost indulgent, dismissive little smile. "But go on - I'm curious to hear about the rest."

Last edited by Gravirei on 08/07/20, 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/07/20, 11:37 pm

Hanakael sighed, and rubbed a hand on his face before he looked at Fergus again. He really, really didn't feel like having that conversation, but- he was a grown man. Not only him, but hopefully their relationship would survive this moment. He took a deep breath. "Alright." He sighed. "Guess I'll talk about the elephant in the room instead," he said, while pointing to that file with a tilt of his chin. "I had this in my mailbox on the day I got promoted to the position of commissioner." He joined his hands on his knees, and hesitated. "I've never shared any information with the organization. Whenever they called me, I called them lunatics. They eventually dropped the topic, as far as I'm concerned."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/07/20, 11:47 pm

Fergus was still sporting a less-than-friendly expression, even though he was listening to Hanakael. At least judging from the way he looked at him, anyway. "And I have to believe that you've never even tried to use that information?", he hissed. "Anyone in your place would have thrown that to the press at the very least, to give them something to chew on - it would have pushed me to hide away like a rat for the rest of my life to avoid being caught and dissected like some tropical beast. My brother avoided that treatment by a split hair. Why didn't you use it?"
He couldn't understand that. He couldn't imagine a reason for which anyone wouldn't have jumped at the occasion to put him forever on time-out. Especially someone from the police. Especially a Commissioner.

Last edited by Gravirei on 08/07/20, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 12:05 am

Hanakael's expression slowly grew odd and unreadable. "There were in fact plenty of reasons for me not to use that information, even when I was still trying actively to frame you." He paused for a little while. "I've learned early on in my youth that pretending I don't believe the Men of Letters was the safest way to not become a lab rat myself." He grew nervous quite fast. Aside from his mothers and his brothers, no one knew about his own ability. That was the very first time he was telling someone else about it.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/07/20, 12:13 am

Fergus squinted suspiciously at Hanakael. "What are you-", he began, before that last phrase finally sunk in and hit him like a ton of bricks. His cold, angry expression crumbled miserably, to be replaced with a wide-eyed surprised one. "You are one of us?", he whispered. Unbelievable. Just how many chances there even were? How unlikely could this be? And by God what was this, the city of hidden abilities? Hell, the 'special ones' seemed to make up half of the population! To be honest he felt a little disgruntled (in the most childish way possible) at the thought that maybe he wasn't such a special snowflake in the end.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 07:58 am

Hanakael finally let out a small smile upon the relief that Fergus believed him. "I am. There are very few of us- mostly because I know that the Men of Letters lock our kind up and dissects them." He looked at Fergus again. "I know I shouldn't have kept that file. Or at least, I shouldn't have kept it a secret for so long, given how our relationship evolved over time. Truth be told- I was dreading the moment you'd be aware of what I knew, and what I were too."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/07/20, 07:06 pm

"You shouldn't have kept that file, indeed. Mostly because the people who bore that name are dead, at least registry-speaking." Crowley frowned back again, inwardly scoffing for letting himself show some emotion other than contempt. He didn't believe Hanakael, he simply couldn't. But oh, did he want to. "My brother was caught and tortured by those bloody psychopaths. He wasn't cut to pieces because I managed to find him just in the nick of time", he said finally, crossing his arms. "So I hope you'll forgive me if I can't believe you just on your word."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 08:36 pm

Hanakael sighed. Granted, were he in Fergus' shoes, he'd demand a display of his so-called ability, especially if the Men of Letters had almost captured him and his brother in the past. One couldn't be too cautious when they were mentioned.
He ran his hands on his face again, and grunted. "Alright, alright. I'll show you. Just- promise me that after that, we'll get to the kitchen and finish that conversation around coffee." His head was pounding, and he doubted that transforming twice would make it better in any way.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/07/20, 08:52 pm

Fergus pursed his lips, clearly thinking in depth about that offering. When he had sat down on the couch after reading that file, he was livid - and he had definitely planned to just leave that place as soon as he would have gotten the answers he wanted. Now, however, he was clearly rethinking that plan.
Seeing Hanakael had clearly weakened his resolve. He hated that a little, to be honest.
"Fine", he answered fastidiously in the end. "Proceed." A smirk made his lips curl, showing for a second a crack of the Fergus Hanakael had gotten to know during the past months. "Show me yours and I'll show you mine." Yep, that sounded just as lewd as you can imagine. The atmosphere was still clearly tense, but learning that there was a chance that his lover was like him had made him relax, if only slightly.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 09:00 pm

Hanakael sighed, and straightened up on the couch for a bit. He looked at Fergus in the eye, as if he was still hesitating, but he eventually closed his eyes, and morphed into a tiny mammal, that curled into a ball of fur as soon as the transformation was over. He was debating whether or not he should hide behind his chair's cushion, but waited instead for Fergus' reaction, finally daring to open one eye to look back at him.
Truth be told, he dreaded his lover's reaction to his second nature.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/07/20, 09:17 pm

And once again in a matter of minutes, Fergus lost his renowned, carefully built poker face. It just hopelessly crumbled in front of the spectacle of his tall, intimidating lover shrinking down many sizes and rolling on himself like a scared ball of fluff. He blinked at the little thing, eyes meeting his for a second. His lips trembled, and... yes. Yes, he did let out a snort. And a chuckle. C'mon, cut him some slack, how could he not? "Oh, my", he drawled then, grinning. "Aren't you a cute little thing, sweetheart." His eyes glinted. "Are you a mongoose? That would be ideal. But it doesn't seem this the case - you look much more elegant and lean. A stoat, perhaps?" He reached for him with his hand, to run a finger over his back.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 09:32 pm

Hanakael had really, really thought about hiding under the armchair the moment Fergus snorted or called him a mongoose. Thankfully enough, he got the name right. Well. Sort of right. He preferred the other name for it, for 'ermine' sounded a little more intimidating. After eyeing Fergus' finger warily, he let him pet his back, and finally straightened up, trying not to display just how much he enjoyed it.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/07/20, 09:58 pm

Fergus smirked when he saw that Hanakael was willing to let him pet his back. "Good boy", he murmured as he ran his hand over the ermine's back, lips twitching in another grin soon enough. "Well. You've kept your promise. You can turn back - I have been reminded many times how tiresome it is to assume another form, especially when you aren't in top physical condition."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 10:01 pm

Hanakael sighed with relief, and morphed back to his humand form. He had to hold back a pained groan when the last transformation made his headache worse, but he didn't complain out loud. The way he had morphed back, he was sitting on the armchair again, his head low so Fergus might have kept his hand there, should he wish to. He took a deep breath, and finally looked up, trying to see whether or not his lover would still want to leave or not.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/07/20, 10:42 pm

It was probably pretty clear on Fergus' face that he wasn't intending on storming out anymore. He gently ran his hand through Hanakael's hair a last time before sighing and getting up from the couch. "Stay here, I'll get you that coffee", he said casually.
Before disappearing under his boyfriend's very eyes. Just to reappear in a matter of seconds, with a hot cup of coffee in his hands. It was a luck he had left the pot closed off to keep it warm, when he had made it before.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 10:49 pm

Hanakael had jumped in his seat when Fergus had disappeared, and he had probably called him, before he started again when he reappeared in front of him. After a few seconds of shock, however, he let out a nervous laugh, and ran a hand on his face. "You- shit. You teleport. No wonder why I was never able to corner you when I was still trying to put you behind the bars." He looked at Fergus with a wide grin.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/07/20, 11:23 pm

Fergus wore a smug smile as he sat back on the couch again, at Hanakael's side. "You're overestimating me, darling. I can only teleport to places I've already been to - and your inability to corner me has really nothing to do with that, and possibly everything to do with the fact that you've always been attracted to me and my charming smile", he replied, offering him the cup he was holding. "Can't blame you. I know how to make a hell of a first impression."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/07/20, 11:32 pm

Hanakael scoffed, but took the cup of coffee with a merciful nod. He blew on it to cool it down a bit, and looked back at Fergus. "Truth be told, framing you certainly wouldn't have made me happy. Giving in to you, however, was by far the best mistake I've ever made. And I'm only calling it a mistake because technically, dating you was the most illegal thing I've ever done in my life."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/07/20, 06:43 pm

Fergus was grinning by the time Hanakael ended his sentence, and quietly scooted closer to him - successfully erasing any distance between the two of them. "Ohh, I am a mistake", he purred, sounding weirdly delighted by the prospect. "The only spot on your otherwise immaculate criminal record. Well, let's be honest - you could be doing worse than me." He leaned in to leave a kiss on his neck.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/07/20, 07:01 pm

Hanakael was finally smiling, and he scoffed when Fergus moved closer to him. He did slide an arm around his lover's waist, keeping him close. "I sure could." He looked back at Fergus, and his expression softened. "Do you want me to burn that file, Fergus?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next