Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension Pokémon sera EV6.5 Fable ...
Voir le deal

11 - It's the "I won't say I'm in love" musical number but there's also a frat party somewhere in the middle

2 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

11 - It's the "I won't say I'm in love" musical number but there's also a frat party somewhere in the middle - Page 2 Empty Re: 11 - It's the "I won't say I'm in love" musical number but there's also a frat party somewhere in the middle

Post by Mary 07/04/21, 10:19 pm

Hypnos chuckled. "Isn't it? It took me a little while, but I finally know your palate by heart. I could take you to a restaurant and pick the dish you'd like with my eyes closed by now," he joked kindly. "Sometimes I wonder why I haven't become a professional food critic. And then I remember I would need to write lengthy articles all day long for a living and it instantly takes the fun away and makes me want to sleep forever."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

11 - It's the "I won't say I'm in love" musical number but there's also a frat party somewhere in the middle - Page 2 Empty Re: 11 - It's the "I won't say I'm in love" musical number but there's also a frat party somewhere in the middle

Post by Gravirei 07/04/21, 10:32 pm

Michela snorted. "Yeah, knowing just how much you hate paperwork I think that would have been a very poor career choice. Even though I've heard that if you're very good, you can make a lot without having to write too many articles", she agreed with a little smile, finishing off her brownie. "Besides, you said you like what you do just fine. I don't think I've ever asked if designing was something you've always enjoyed to do or if you're just a very lucky artist."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/04/21, 10:58 pm

Hypnos remained thoughtful for a bit. "Mmmh I don't know, actually. I work upon sparks of inspirations. When I get some, then I love designing stuff. But otherwise- well. I don't like to torture myself to try to get something out, you know?" He smiled, and shrugged. "Guess I'm mostly lucky when it comes to art, but then again it happens to me once a year, so..." He let out a chuckle, and finally finished his coffee. "I've been- kinda inspired lately, however."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/04/21, 11:15 pm

"Well, from what you've told me, once a year is plenty enough for you to make a whole industry sail off for a good while, so. That works fine, even if you don't put down a thousand projects", Michela observed, drinking the rest of her cappuccino. "I guess I'm glad my work doesn't work like that. I mean- can you imagine me, getting in the obituary, looking at some dude and going 'Hm. No, I'm not really feeling it today guys. Inspiration's lacking'." She snickered at her own joke. "Anyway. Good on you and your inspiration for working away lately, then. What's motivating you?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/04/21, 08:08 pm

Hypnos laughed when Michela compared their two situations. "Well. To be honest, it's not like a dead body could be mad at you for stalling a bit," he told her with a chuckle, before he calmed down, and let out a more... enigmatic smile. "Well. Let's say I've been going around a lot recently, and I've met someone who inspires me a great deal." He didn't dwell more on details. In some respect, he both wanted Michela to know he was talking about her, and yet didn't feel bold enough to confess to her face.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/04/21, 08:29 pm

"Maybe the dead body wouldn't, but their living relatives would be at my throat for sure", Michela countered with a small grin. She did pause when Hypnos vaguely referred to someone he had met - and was meeting on the regular - recently, who was the source of his inspiration.
Did he mean-?
She felt blood rushing to her pale cheeks and was quick to try and dismiss it, scoffing and crossing her arms on her chest. "Well- good for you", she just blurted out. She franctically looked for an escape route, something that would distract Hypnos from her reaction. She looked down at her bag as if it could swallow her whole - and instead saw something peeking out of it.
Ah. An escape route.
"By the way, Lucia told me to bring you these", she said, ducking to grab a cookie box and putting it on the table. "She told me you've paid her one dollar more than what you had to, and she wants to be a honest and upstanding little citizen apparently." It was a little too late to pretend she wasn't flushing, but at least she could try to divert the attention.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/04/21, 09:12 pm

Hypnos grinned. "Cookies! Aw, but she shouldn't have! you should teach her to be a little more selfish sometimes!" He chuckled and opened the box. "Hey, they're my favourites! Oh my, that's great. I'll make sure to thank her next time she and her pack are going around my neighbourhood." Which happened quite often, since Hypnos had asked Lucia to deliver letters to her sister for him, after all.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/04/21, 09:39 pm

Michela snorted - secretly happy that her diversion had worked. "Please, she's already selfish enough without my encouragement", she answered. "You're spoiling her, by the way - she's way too full of herself for all the money she's bringing in on her own." She paused. "Speaking of Lucia- I am going to strangle you out of existence for rickrolling me via hand-made card", she exclaimed, suddenly remembering the absolute outrage she had felt when, at the end of an - admittedly - thoughtful-looking letter, she had found the unassuming post scriptum 'Now read only the first words of the sentences ;-)' and by doing so she had found herself reading the lyrics to the song.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/04/21, 10:07 pm

Hypnos burst out laughing, and looked at his left wrist. "Oh no, look at the time! It's the time I run for my life. I'll leave a big tip and off I go!" He chuckled some more, grabbed his wallet, quickly took some bills out of it and slid them under his cup. "Well then Michela, it was nice knowing you, and please don't strangle me next time we meet!"

Yes, he was ready to just run away for the kicks.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/04/21, 10:21 pm

Michela barked out a laugh. "Look, I don't mean to underestimate you or to hurt your feelings, but I'm positive I would manage to catch you before you even reach the front door. And I will not promise that I won't strangle you next time we meet, because who knows what will be written in your next card, right?", she commented with a grin, shaking her head. She was still irritated about the rick-rolling, but she didn't feel like ending this meeting, honestly. "If you really have to go, though, that's another story."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/04/21, 10:48 pm

Hypnos chuckled, and sat back down. "No, not really. It's almost time for my nap, but I'll make some more space for you in my schedule, if you're no longer willing to murder me." He winked at Michela. "But who knows what will be in my next card indeed! I'm sure you can't imagine how I'm going to top that amazing rick-roll." Oh, he knew, alright. The card was still in the making, but it was almost ready. He had put extra care into it.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/04/21, 11:06 pm

Michela squinted at him. "If the Nyan Cat sproings out at me with its obnoxious music and a cascade of glitter when I open the next card, you'd better change address", she threatened him again, pointing her finger at him in a menacing way. "I've had people on my autopsy table for way less." Granted she wasn't the one who had sent them there, but. You get the message. "But I won't murder you for now, I guess. Too many witnesses, and. Well. You are paying for my stuff", she added, gesturing for the money he had put on the table, "so we're even."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/04/21, 11:17 pm

"Oh, wow. I'm wounded," Hypnos replied with a grin. "To know I'm worth so much to your eyes! and here I was, thinking we were friends. You're overestimating me though, I haven't managed to make musical cards yet. But thanks for the suggestion - I'll surely look into it!" Said he, with a shit-eating grin.
Oh, he wouldn't. Maybe. Then again, it did sound kind of fun.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/04/21, 11:22 pm

Michela's eyes narrowed more. "Don't you dare", she threatened - a void threat, again. "And you're only allowed to play the 'friendship' card on me only if you're willing to be called in the middle of the night and hide me from the cops if I was ever in need to." She crossed her arms. "I don't think I'm overestimating you, anyway. I know another couple of people who are on the artist side of things besides you, and each and every one of them is able to do things that go outside my comprehension."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/04/21, 09:00 pm

Hypnos chuckled. "Oh, Michi. If you called me in the middle of the night I would hide you from the cops. Provided that you manage to wake me up, of course." He tilted his head afterwards, interested. "Oh? And what are those artists doing as a craft?" Maybe he could become friends with them as well! If Michela wanted to, of course. For now, they still had a friendship isolated from their regular circles of friends.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/04/21, 09:17 pm

"Bold of you to assume I'd even call to begin with instead of straight up knocking on your bedroom window with a corpse hidden in the truck of my car", Michela quipped back with an amazingly well-kept poker face. She tilted her head then, thinking over her answer. "One of my friends wants to be a writer and he can put down some pretty amazing poems. Another one is a fashion designer - she makes all the clothes she draws herself too, from scratch. I've seen her at work, and honestly it's- really amazing how a simple sketch can just become something that can be worn on a catwalk." Carleen was super good at what she did, for sure.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/04/21, 09:35 pm

Hypnos hummed thoughtfully. "I see! I've always admired writers, to be honest, but fashion designers are hella impressive too. I mean, I see one more or less regularly when I need to get clothes for an event, and he does a great job every single time." He stretched, and hummed some more. "I admire writers though, yeah. I mean, not that I actually read - it gets me sleepy - but I listen to a lot of audiobooks."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/04/21, 10:07 pm

Michela threw him half a smile. "Seems like many things make you sleepy", she observed - kindly, by her standards. "I have the opposite problem, you know. I sleep an average of five hours per night. But do you have a favorite audiobook, then?" She threw a distracted glance at her phone and grimaced. Time was flying by, and she'd soon have to go fetch Lucia at her girlscout's camp.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/04/21, 10:25 pm

"Aw, five hours per night?" Hypnos frowned slightly. "That's too little! You know what, you should try this audiobook, it'll definitely make you sleepy. The narrator has such a soft, soothing voice! Here, I'll give you my username and password for this app, you've gotta try it!" He made sure Michela installed said app on her phone, and ended up chatting with her for a little longer, before it was time for her to go.

And when the time came, he did his best not to look too disappointed. "I had lots of fun, Michi. Text me when you'd like to meet again, alright?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/04/21, 10:32 pm

Michela followed Hypnos' instructions and made sure to note down in her phone the title to the book he was suggesting to her - even though, being a chronic insomniac, she wasn't super positive it would help her anyway, but she didn't say that out loud.

She was buttoning up her coat when Hypnos spoke to her again, and she threw him a little smile. "As always, you mean?", she joked. "I had fun too. You can get out of here on your own without getting bullied on your way to the door or you want to accompany me?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/04/21, 11:03 pm

"Oh, I'll accompany you, not sure I'm safe until I'm out of there," Hypnos replied with a chuckle.

Little did he know that Alecto would indeed cross their path on their way out, and would smirk at them. "Getting away already, Hypnos? And here I thought I might get the chance to get back at you for the pain you put me through at Meg's engagement party.

Hypnos laughed nervously. "Oh, pain, uh? Last time I checked you stepped on my feet, not the way around," he muttered under his breath.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/04/21, 11:17 pm

Michela scoffed when they were stopped on their tracks by Alecto. "Wonder why anyone would want to leave this place, service is lovely", she muttered under her breath, before adding out loud "Yeah, actually. We were heading out, so..." She raised her brow at her. "Honestly, don't you have anyone else to harrass, really? Friends? Relatives?" She paused, seemingly thinking it over. "Venomous snakes?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 10/04/21, 08:41 pm

Alecto barked out a laugh. "You're too good to hang out with a guy like him. When you eventually get bored with him, come back here, I'll offer you a coffee on the house." She winked at Michela, while Hypnos definitely made a face.

Alright, he was kind of jealous, let's be honest. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "So, uhm. We should go," he suggested hastily.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/04/21, 09:25 pm

Michela snorted. "I'm afraid unless he stops being funny and you stop being an asshole that's not really gonna happen, is it. So I'll be staying out of your league for the time being, honey." She turned around and nodded at Hypnos, before walking out the café with him. "Well. She's a bucket of sunshine, isn't she", she commented once they were well away from the door. "Sure hope her sister's nicer, or I'll start getting really worried for your brother."

Last edited by Gravirei on 13/04/21, 01:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 10/04/21, 09:57 pm

Hypnos chuckled. "Oh, Meg's lovely compared to Alecto. She's kinda scary in her own way, but she's much, much nicer. And There's Tis, as well- but Tis is probably a little more like Charon, minus the jokes." He smiled at her. "I should introduce you to my brothers, one of these days. I'm sure you'd love them! Some other time, though. You've got Lucia waiting for you, right?" His heart felt a little heavy at the thought they'd need to say goodbye by now.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next