Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes)

2 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes) Empty Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes)

Post by Gravirei 11/06/20, 10:49 pm

Honestly, Horknath couldn't say that his life had ever gone better. The dinner at Carleen's parents' had been nice, both her mother and father had been extremely kind (and tolerant, he guessed, since he had been a nervous wreck for the first part of the evening). And most important, carleen had told him that she loved him. She loved him! He still felt giddy at the memory, a whole three days later.
He was sitting at his usual table at the cafeteria (he had arrived earlier as per his usual) and was now waiting for Castiel to come over and have lunch with him. He hoped his friend would arrive soon - he was starving.

On the other side of the world - quite literally - a nervous Aziraphale was trying to find his way to the custom office of the airport through a thick crowd of people. He huffed and puffed, hating the very fact that he had to abandon his bookshop for the afternoon to go fetch Anthony's luggage - but just thinking about the other man made his sour mood soften, and his stomach flutter nervously. He couldn't be angry with him now, could he - especially since he had been asked on a date, and he was definitely looking forward to it! He finally arrived at the desk of the officer appointed with giving out luggage expeditions from abroad and showed his documents with a smile on his face. "Hello - I'm here to retire some luggages. Here's my documents, and the signed permission of the owner." He hesitated. "There should be an... exotic pet among them."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes) Empty Re: Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes)

Post by Mary 11/06/20, 11:23 pm

Castiel joined Horknath soon enough, with a smile and a slight wave of his hand. Since they weren't doing the same studies, it always took one of them a bit longer to join the other at lunch. "Hello, Horknath. How did your morning go?" They didn't usually manage to see each other before their classes, but Castiel was always happy to meet with his best friend as soon as he could. He sat down in front of Horknath with his lunch tray.

The airport employee arched a brow and looked at Aziraphale from head to toe, before he sighed and helped him to retrieve the luggage Anthony had sent. There were a few plants, two actual luggage and a box on which stickers indicated that there was a living animal behind, and that it needed to be handled with care.
Inside, Anthony was throwing a few glances out of his airholes. The trip in the plane had been damn awful, but he was relieved to here Zira's voice, even if slightly from afar.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes) Empty Re: Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes)

Post by Gravirei 11/06/20, 11:35 pm

Horknath waved back at Castiel, making space for him at the table - he had put his bag of books on the chair beside his, to keep it occupied. Not that there was any need, but well. "It was alright", he hummed as he grabbed his cutlery. "I'm not the greatest at English lit yet, but I'm getting better now that I'm used to how this professor teaches." He held back a small grin thinking about Carleen making it a point to sit by his side in every class they had. "And Carleen's been great with me so far", he decided to add a bit shyly. Yeah, he had fallen hard. He coughed. "What about your day?"

Aziraphale eyed that particular box with a certain apprehension, but still thanked the employee, signed whatever documents he needed to sign - that was the most tedious part of that whole ordeal - and finally put all of Anthony's belongings on a cart, to push it to his car. He had been careful to put the snake's box on top of everything so that the poor thing wouldn't feel stuffed among all the other things.
The trip back to his place was nothing exciting - and he hated every single second that he had to spend in the traffic, and every subsequent second he had to use to bring all of those things up in his apartment above his bookshop. He still put the plants in places where they could get sunlight, though. because he was a nice person. And then, when he finally flopped on his couch... Well, alright, alright. He was curious. He looked again at the box as it lied on the little table in front of the sofa and decided that he had all the right to peek inside. He slowly reached for it and carefully, extremely carefully, opened it, to try and see the snake inside. "Hello there?", he murmured, feeling a little silly.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 12/06/20, 09:07 pm

Castiel smiled at Horknath, and seemed glad to know that his friend was happy about how things were going with his girlfriend. "It went alright. I'm just a little tired- I think I'll have to drop one of my two jobs, and it's probably going to be the one at the dinner," he said with a slight sigh. "The... one at the club pays much more," he added awkwardly, massaging his own neck.
Then again, there was more than money he should worry about. He had not mentioned it to Dean yet - since they hadn't gone beyond hand holding and hadn't gone on a real date yet - but he didn't know how he might feel if he kept on working as a stripper.

Anthony had been as quiet as possible. Granted, he had felt a little giddy once he had finally gotten to Zira's apartment, and definitely couldn't wait until the moment when he could stretch and walk around - or even slither around - because honestly, he was so done being stuck into a box. He didn't expect to be visited before Zira went to bed, however. His current eyesight wasn't so great, so he stuck his tongue out out of instinct when Zira opened the box.
Act normal act normal act normal-
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/06/20, 09:40 pm

Horknath coughed again, embarrassed by Castiel's mention of their... side-jobs at the strip-club. "Yeah, I guess", he answered, starting to eat his pasta, playing a little with his fork in his plate. "Carleen's mother knows I'm working there. She saw me", he added suddenly. "She works with the police. With... with your uncle." He threw a glance at Castiel.

Aziraphale let out a little gasp when he saw the snake's tongue darting out like that - probably smelling the air around. It was in a new environment after all, and it had been closed away in a box for quite. He tried to relax a little, even though those unnervingly reptilian, yellow eyes on him made him feel more than a little nervous. "Ah", he said simply, looking at it a bit closely. "Well - you seem to be alright", he added with a little, unsure smile. "Anthony told me you're well behaved, so... uhm... I'll trust him. You look cute, I'll grant that much - I was expecting something bigger and scarier, so... it's a pleasant surprise." He tilted his head. "Your owner forgot to tell me how you're called. I guess I can call you Anthony until human Anthony doesn't get to London", he joked. He felt more than a little silly now.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 12/06/20, 10:00 pm

Castiel's face grew pale, and he stared down at his plate for quite a while, thinking about all of the implications, both for Horknath, and for him as well. However, Castiel was a good guy, so of course he'd worry about his friend first. "That's- unfortunate. Did she know who you are? Did she say anything?"

Anthony had to fight to hold back a huff, because let's be real: Aziraphale was damn adorable. He tilted his head to humor him, and actually lifted his head slowly, trying to see if he would allow him to slither around freely. Well- he was a snake after all, so he knew that most people would be weirded out by his animal form or worse, scared by it.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/06/20, 10:19 pm

Horknath shook his head. "Not at all. She was... unbelievably nice", he said, letting out a small chuckle. As if he still couldn't believe that himself. "She recognized me from Carleen's descriptions, I guess. I assured her I just... work there temporarily. It's to pay off the expenses of the University, I'm paid well, and the hours don't clash with my schedule." He sighed. "She believed me, so I guess I'm alright for now." He threw him a glance. "I covered for you, though. Don't worry, I don't think anybody saw you in the club." He just hoped he wouldn't have to lie again to Hanakael. That man was way too intimidating for him.

Aziraphale backed off when he saw the snake raising its head, still feeling wary. "No no - where are you going", he reproached it softly, gesturing with his hands to try and make it go back in the box. "Look, I know you probably want to stretch and all, but - no offense, I have a lot of nooks and crannies around here, and I wouldn't want you to get stuck somewhere - what would human Anthony say?" He carefully lifted the box, walking away from his living room. "But you're in luck, my little friend - I have a guest room that I've secured just for you and your little snake needs", he huffed as he opened a door. Indeed, he had made sure to tape every hole and to close the window as well as he possibly could. "That way even if I let you out of the box, you won't go around too much, eh?" He put the box down on the bed.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 12/06/20, 10:50 pm

Castiel nodded, and cleared his throat. "Thank you. I'm sorry again for leaving without prior notice on that night, but I was in the main room when my uncle came in and- I fled through the back door." He hesitated. "I- wasn't alone, though." His face pleasantly warmed up at the memory of his impromptu date with Dean. The way they held hands when Dean walked him back to his building. The shy promise to meet again someday soon.

Anthony almost hissed when Aziraphale pushed him back into the box. For a moment he thought he might be stuck there until nightime - but he got curious when he heard he was being carried out somewhere else. He peeked outside of the box once more, and stuck his tongue out.
Oh, he didn't. That's it, Aziraphale was definitely too adorable to be true. Anthony slithered out of the box and settled down on the bed happily, finally stretching out a bit.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/06/20, 11:00 pm

"It's alright - I would've done the same thing, if I had been in your situation", Horknath answered with a smile. "I'm sure you would've covered for me too, if that were the case." He finally managed to ate a large mouthful of pasta, and tilted his head when Castiel murmured something about not having been alone that night. "A colleague?", he asked with his mouth still half-full. He doubted it could be the case, Castiel rarely hanged out with colleagues from the club. "Or - someone I know, anyway?"

Aziraphale chuckled when he saw the snake happily slithering on the bed and apparently stratching. He guessed that it really wasn't pleasant to be stuck in a box for such a long flight - sedated, even! Terrible. "Well - do as if it was your own place", he exclaimed then. "I'll close the door, that way you won't get a chance to sneak on me while I sleep." He shyly reached out, trying to pet the snake's head a little. or at least poke it. He was ready to retract his hand as soon as he deemed it unsdafe, though.
Rodent instincts.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 12/06/20, 11:33 pm

Castiel's cheek heated up a little more. "I think you know him a bit by now. I've- told you about Dean, who's a regular at the dinner." He wet his lips. "Well, he- he was as the club that night. He saw me perform, and there was a little incident. Nothing much," he quickly added to reassure Horknath. "But Dean stepped in and I took the opportunity to talk to him." He bit on his lips. "We've agreed to try dating."

What he was about to do wasn't snake-like by far, but sue him, Anthony wasn't going to let that opportunity pass. And he was fairly sure even a real snake might have warmed up to how positively cute and naïve Aziraphale's attempt at bonding with him was. Anyway, he softly bumped his head against the palm of Aziraphale's hand, and just rested it there.
His tongue darted out again instinctively, and he stilled for a bit, feeling slightly confused for there was a... peculiar smell about Aziraphale, and he couldn't put his finger on what exactly felt different.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/06/20, 11:58 pm

Horknath seemed to suddenly remember something. "Oh - yeah, wait, now I remember. that night I saw him coming in, he was with a friend of his." He still felt extremely grateful to him for agreeing not to tell Carleen exactly where he worked. He looked a little alarmed when Castiel mentioned an incident - but relaxed as soon as he was assured it had been contained quickly. And then, he beamed when his friend mentioned the chance of dating Dean. "Hey - that's so nice! I'm happy for you", he congratulated him with a hearty pat on the shoulder. perhaps too hearty.

Aziraphale looked positively bewildered in front of the rather strange behavior of that snake. "Aw - aren't you friendly", he chuckled. He seemed less wary now as he gently rubbed the palm of his hand against the scaly skin of the animal. He saw the tongue darting out, though, and he decided it would have been wiser to retire his hand. "I know, I know. I smell of rodent", he sighed. "Well. Anthony told me you don't eat other people's pets, so I suppose you shouldn't be trying to bite me either." He raised up on his feet (he had knelt to be able to pet the snake) and patted his knees to clean his pants. "I guess I should go and eat something before going to sleep." Between the trip at the airport, the return, and placing Anthony's things around, time had really flown by quickly. He sternly pointed at the snake. "Be a good boy", he warned him like he would have a dog, and then he finally made his way out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 13/06/20, 06:21 pm

The pat was so hearty that Castiel dropped his fork, but he awkwardly chuckled after that. "Thank you. I still don't know if it'll work, but I'm glad Dean gave me a chance." He wet his lips. "I quite enjoyed talking with him at the dinner, so I hope that if it doesn't, it wouldn't impact our friendship. Or- your relationship, given that he is Carleen's best friend."

Anthony actually huffed and took back his human form on the bed as soon as he was sure that Zira had gone into another room, to finally stretch a bit. He ran a hand through his hair and took a quick look around the room, his lips curling into a smile when he noticed that the room was indeed snake-proofed. No really, that man was so sweet.
Anthony listened carefully at the door, and would probably wait for Zira to be in bed to go out of his apartment unnoticed.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 13/06/20, 06:30 pm

Horknath scoffed. "Why should it impact that?", he answered, after shooting an apologetical look at Castiel when his fork clattered on the table, followed by a quick 'sorry'. He tended to forget himself when he was around Cas. "'sides, you're so nice and all - Dean should consider himself lucky. And he better not break your heart, or I will have a talk with him, and Carleen won't be able to stop me!"

But Aziraphale didn't go to bed that soon after all. He ate, of course, even though not as much as he'd usually do - he was too tired to think and cook himself something that would require too much effort. Then he flopped down on his couch, turned on his old television on a random channel - it was a movie, he didn't really care enough to look it up - and in a blink, instead of a plump, nice man sitting on a couch, there was a peaceful-looking capybara, calmly minding its own business as it relaxed among the pillows.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 13/06/20, 06:52 pm

Castiel smiled at Horknath. "I'm glad to have you as a friend, Horknath." Well, it would be terrible to be Horknath's enemy, but still. He appreciated his support. He suddenly remembered something, however, and his face heated up. "Oh, but- don't tell Carleen any of this yet, if you don't mind. Dean told me he'd rather not tell anyone for now. I suppose things aren't too easy for him." He massaged his neck. How could he have forgotten? That was the main reason why he hadn't told his sister about it either.

Anthony quietly opened the door of the room he had been locked into, and carefully walked towards the front door. He passed by the living-room on his way and threw a glance in it, thinking he might see Aziraphale sleeping in front of the TV- but he didn't. Instead, he saw a bundle of fluff curled between the pillows.
Uh. Zira had mentioned he had a pet, but that sure looked like a weird dog- cat? Curiosity nagged at him, and he turned again into his snake form to slither close to it - in case Zira did enter the room announced - to take a peek at it.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 13/06/20, 07:05 pm

Horknath grinned. "Hey, I'm glad you're my friend too!", he answered. "Don't worry - I'm not going to go around talking about your private life", he added then with a small nod. He could understand that there were still a lot of people that were uncomfortable about the idea of opening up about their sexuality. Dean was probably one of those people. He just hoped it wouldn't end up hurting Castiel on the long run, if this was going to become a serious relationship!

Aziraphale could feel the snake slithering closer before he could see it, and he froze. What - how was it possible that it had managed to escape from the room? Had he forgotten to close it? Oh, bother. And now what? He tried to relax, thinking about the best course of action he could take - and decided not to morph back. The snake could've gotten scared if he suddenly turned into a human being, and he didn't want for it to get stressed and mauìybe attack out of self-defense. The best course of action was probably to just sit around, try to calm down, and wait for the snake to just slither away again. He'd try to catch it later, and he'd definitely give it a proper scolding!

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 13/06/20, 07:20 pm

Castiel nodded. "Thank you, Horknath." He finally took back his fork and tried not to think of his relationship for a bit, before he noticed the empty spot in front of them. "Oh, did you see Michela this morning?" It was usually quite rare for them not to see her during lunch time, by now. He was even alarmed when she didn't show up.

Anthony settled down on the couch and looked at the animal for a bit - well, he couldn't really see much under his current form. He listened for a bit and, when he was sure that Zira wasn't around, he decided to morph back into his human form, hoping he wouldn't startle the animal, if it seemed like it was sleeping.
The couch's cushions shifted significantly under the added weight of his human body.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 13/06/20, 07:31 pm

Horknath frowned at the empty seat. "Oh, yeah she was at this morning's lesson. ... I think." With Michela, no one could be absolutely sure. That girl was like a cloud of smoke - you were sure she was sitting behind in the darkest part of the room and then suddenly you turned around when the bell had rang and she was gone.
"Thanks for noticing me", a drawling, low voice said - making Horknath almost jump on his chair. Michela chuckled and walked around the table, glad to see she had managed to startle Horknath. Not that it was a big feat, but still. She put her food trail down on the table, let go of her bag so that it fell at the side of her chair, and let herself fall on the seat. "Hey", she just said, greeting them both.

Aziraphale was indeed startled when he felt the cushions give in a little bit. He had seen the snake, and it definitely wasn't big enough to provoke that kind of shifting. He decided to open his eyes to watch at his side - and let out a scared squeal when he saw that Anthony was sitting right next to him. Human Anthony, not snake Anthony. How had he gotten inside!? Wasn't he supposed to arrive the day after? What was going on!!

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 13/06/20, 07:53 pm

Castiel too was startled - and almost dropped his fork again - when he heard Michela. He soon smiled, however. "Hello, Michela. How was your day so far?" Well, they ate together during most if not all lunch breaks, so he did consider her a friend from now on. She was the kind of friend he liked to both talk to or stay quiet around for a while.

Anthony almost jumped when he heard the adorable noise the- was this a capybara?! - made, and quickly looked over his shoulder before he morphed again to his snake form, to slither down from the couch. Shit, Aziraphale might have heard that, in spite of the TV's sound, and now it was only a matter of seconds before he would rush into the room! He quickly hid under the couch, hoping he wouldn't be found out.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 13/06/20, 08:06 pm

Michela shrugged. "Just a regular day. Nothing interesting", she commented as she started to dig into her plate of meat and salad. "What about yours?"
"Nothing much too", Horknath commented. "Aside from almost getting a heart attack just five seconds ago, I guess."
Michela shot him half a grin, but didn't comment. "You?", she asked again, nodding towards Castiel.

Saying that Aziraphale was astonished was honestly an understatement. He immediately morphed back, jumping on his feet right away. "Anthony!", he exclaimed at the couch, not really knowing what else he could say honestly. "Come out right this instant!" If his almost-boyfriend-turned-snake was going to make him wait, he would've started to dig between the pillows to grab that unruly snake. Now that he knew, there was no way he was scared anymore!
Besides, they needed to talk this out before Anthony could think he had screwed up!

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 13/06/20, 08:38 pm

Castiel smiled. "I've had an interesting lecture on Egyptology this morning-" Before he could dwell on the subject however, he paused when he caught a movement nearby - and suddenly two hands were on Horknath's eyes, as Carleen asked, gleefully, "Guess who, handsome ~"

Now let's be real - since Aziraphale had called 'snake Anthony' Anthony as well, the latter honestly didn't think that he was actually calling out to the human version of himself. He had probably come into the room as soon as he had morphed into a snake, and he doubted he'd be allowed outside of his travelling box now-
Anthony stilled when the cushion under which he was hidden was pulled away, and he wasn't quick enough to escape Aziraphale's deft fingers.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 13/06/20, 09:13 pm

Horknath didn't yelp when someone laid their hands over his eyes out of a sheer miracle, probably - he did relax, however, when he heard the familiar voice of Carleen. "Well- since there's only one person in the whole school that calls me that, I'm pretty sure I can answer 'Carleen'", he chuckled, feeling a little embarrassed about the familiarity of this gesture.
He loved it, though.
Michela raised her brows, looking a little on edge about Carleen's sudden apparition. What was going on?

Aziraphale scoffed when he saw that black, noodly snake try to escape from his hands. Unfortunately for Anthony, he had a very solid grasp. "Anthony", he said, sternly. "I know it's you. I saw you. Could you just - please turn back?", he asked, a little more gently, laying the poor snake on the couch. "I promise everything is okay. I'd just like to talk to you."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 13/06/20, 09:42 pm

Carleen chuckled and took her hands away, before she kissed Horknath on the cheek. "I thought I'd join you for lunch today, if you don't mind?" She then waved at everyone around the table.
"I take that you're Carleen," Castiel said with a knowing smirk. Carleen nodded eagerly.
"I am! So that probably makes you... Casti-el," she said a little awkwardly, "And- Michela! I'm also in the literature department!" She was beaming. Finally, she had managed to talk to that cool girl who always wore amazing, casual dark outfits. She was so fond of her style.
Oh gosh, get a hold of yourself Carleen, your boyfriend is watching you.

Anthony paused for a bit. Aziraphale... had seen him? He'd have sworn he was alone in the room with the capybara when he morphed back into his snake form- wait, where was the capybara-
... Most importantly, Aziraphale was alright with the whole situation?
After a few more seconds spent hesitating, he finally changed back into his human form, and started back at Aziraphale. "You're- not freaking out," he observed.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 13/06/20, 09:57 pm

"I don't", Horknath answered in a murmur, his face flushing a bit. From the way he looked at Carleen it was evident that he was absolutely smitten, and threw a glance towards Castiel, suspiciously eyeing his grin. Was he going to tease him? Who knew!
Michela held herself a bit stiffly, squinting at that beaming sunshine girl that had just decided to invade their table. "... yeah, uh... you're... Carleen, then", she said, looking wary. "You sit in the front, right." Well, it was hard not to notice Carleen - she was always dressed in the latest fashions, rocking it, and surrounded by people. Beautiful, popular and smiling Carleen! Of course. She did wonder how the hell she knew her name, though. That was bizarre.

Aziraphale sighed, a little relieved to know he hadn't imagined it all. He eyed Anthony's wary expression with fondness before clearing his throat. "Yes, I'm not freaking out. And, uhm... about that", he answered after a little, with an uncertain smile. "I guess I'd better come out as well then." He sat on the couch - but as soon as his body hit the cushions, the same capybara from before materialized in his place.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 13/06/20, 10:19 pm

Castiel smiled at Horknath, but said nothing. For now. Who knew what he might be thinking!
Carleen smiled at Michela. "I do!" She tapped her glasses. "Poor eyesight. I've tried sitting further in the back, but it tires my eyes way less if I'm in the front, so-" She shrugged, before she smiled again. "Mind if I sit there?" She showed the seat next to Michela and in front of Horknath, where Michela had probably dropped her bag.

Anthony blinked a few times, taken aback by that sudden change, but then- he burst out laughing. "Oh my, angel, you're adorable." He moved his hand towards Aziraphale but paused at the last moment, slightly hesitant. Was Aziraphale even okay with being pet under his animal form?
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 13/06/20, 10:43 pm

Michela made a face, as if trying to gauge wether or not she wanted to share her vital space with yet another human being - but she really had no reasons to say 'no' to Carleen, so she just shrugged. "Sure. Go ahead", she answered warily, grabbing her bag from the chair and letting it fall next to her feet instead. She kicked it under the table, so that she could keep it safe.
She didn't even try to hang it on the back of her chair.

The capybara looked at Anthony with a polite expression - how did a capybara manage that, nobody could ever know - and gently pushed his head against his hand. Aziraphale didn't really mind being petted, if he trusted the other person well enough. And he trusted Anthony - even a bit more now, since they apparently shared the same little 'problem'.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum