Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes)

2 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes) - Page 7 Empty Re: Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes)

Post by Gravirei 24/06/20, 08:49 pm

"I'm sorry", Selena intervened politely - even though her voice was firm enough to leave no space for protest. She didn't sound very sorry, either. "But I think Raphael is a bit too old to be influenced that way by anyone. He's too clever for that, and I'm sure you aren't insinuating that you have a son that gullible - or stupid", she added with an indulgent smile.

Horknath chuckled, resting his hand on Carleen's shoulder.
"Sure. Hop in, I just opened the car", Dean answered with a smirk. He did waggle his eyebrows playfully at his best friend, since he had definitely heard everything about her wanting her boyfriend to stay the night.
"Ah - I completely forgot to ask", Horknath exclaimed as he tried hard to fit in the front seat of Dean's Impala. "My mom told me to ask if you're free tomorrow evening - to come over for dinner."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes) - Page 7 Empty Re: Act IV: Friendship!? Love!? Where are we, in a Shojo manga?? (yes)

Post by Mary 24/06/20, 09:09 pm

Rachel was completely flabbergasted, and looked at Selena with round, shocked eyes for a few seconds. She didn't even know that woman yet! How dareth she talk to her like that?!
"I don't, but-"
"It's true, though. You've always thought that Gabriel was having a bad influence on me. In fact, it's because of that that we drifted apart for a while," Raphael mused out loud, clearly reproaching his mother, who was at loss for words!

Carleen beamed as soon as she climbed in the car, behind Horknath. "Sure! I'd love to. Shall I bring something for your parents? Alfred has been making chocolates at home recently!"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 24/06/20, 09:37 pm

Selena turned back to face Raphael again, disregarding Rachel for good again. "Oh, yes - you had mentioned that", she lied. "Are you on good terms now? If I'm not wrong you're twins - it would be too bad to lose that kind of bond."

"Chocolate will be alright", Horknath nodded with a smile, looking at her from the rearview mirror. "They'll be happy to know you. Just - don't mind my dad's grumpy face. He's just, uhm, shaped like that, I swear."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 24/06/20, 09:53 pm

Raphael actually let out a slight smile. "We are, actually. We've got in touch again after he sent me the VHS of his first- movie appearance." He had to bit back a smile when his mother quickly walked away, before he added, in a whisper, "that I didn't watch. Seeing him on the cover was already unsettling enough."

Carleen chuckled. "Don't worry, I've seen him already when we went to fetch Spike the other day. I won't mind it, if you didn't mind to have my dad just... measuring you up all evening long," she sighed, before she turned to Dean. "Oh, yeah, my dad tried to recruit Horknath too. I told him it was plenty enough that he had my best friend, but he wouldn't listen."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 24/06/20, 10:03 pm

Selena held back a chuckle. Yeah, that made sense. She remembered what kind of 'movies' this Gabriel was involved with. That's not something you want to see your own brother starring in. "I won't lie. I'm kind of curious about him now", she mused, eyeing him with a teasing glint in her eyes. "I would like to see if he looks like you, or like your total opposite."

Dean snorted. Then he forced himself to adopt a serious expression as he drove off to Carleen's home. "I'm sorry to say that this group date was actually all a ploy of your father for me to befriend Horknath and convince him to model for him. It's useless now to deny it."
Horknath laughed.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 24/06/20, 10:17 pm

Raphael scoffed. "We're opposites. We're not identical twins, for starters." He made a slight face. "And I'm not taller than him." It was frustrating somehow, that among their siblings the tallest was Lucien, and next in line probably came Castiel and then Michael. And then, the twins. Come to think of it, he hadn't tried to compare his height to Eileen recently. He hoped she hadn't had a growth spur since the last time.
"Anyway- Gabriel's always been more... open. He's the type of guy everyone likes."

Carleen chuckled kindly, and laughed even harder when a puzzled Castiel said, "but you didn't go through with his intentions, if we spent the evening apart from each other."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 24/06/20, 10:33 pm

Selena chuckled when Raphael mentioned his short height - it was true, he was rather short. And she was built like an amazonian warrior, so it probably wasn't easy to stand at her side. "You know - I've had men chickening out of dates because they looked short next to me, and because they felt threatened in their manly pride", she mused. "Being too tall isn't a walk in the park." She glanced at him. "Nor is being the 'one everyone likes'. I've known people like that - and almost always, they hide a lot of insecurities behind a large smile and a joke. At least you're honest. You wear what you feel on your sleeves." Had she just complimented him?
Maybe.

Dean didn't change his expression. "Maybe I've been manipulating him with my big, clever brain all along", he protested. "And maybe that's why I wasn't able to win against you at videogames - I was too busy messing with his mind!" He threw a wink at him, and his façade broke as he chuckled too.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 24/06/20, 10:49 pm

Raphael seemed... pleased by Selena's words, oddly enough. "I honestly don't know in which category you might fit in. But- I'd say honesty is one of your strong qualities. Along with being a tall, and gorgeous woman, of course," he said with a slight sigh. Yep. No matter how much fun he was having, Selena would never be interested in a small, bland guy like him. Girls usually liked Gabriel better. "But you're also a great actress, dare I say," he added with a slight smile.

It took a few more seconds of hearing everyone in the car laugh before Castiel let out an noise meaning he understood what Dean meant. "You were using sarcasm," he noted so calmly, and with a short chuckle of his own that Carleen laughed some more.
"Hold on- I know you haven't met my dad, but how did you not catch that?" She asked, wiping a tear away.
Castiel shrugged. "I usually rely on Horknath in these situations, but I couldn't see his face clearly."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 24/06/20, 10:59 pm

Selena blinked. "You mean you don't mind if I'm well over a head taller than you?", she asked, sounding strangely... unsure, for a second. She shook her head, trying to get a grip on herself. "Someone I dated once reproached me because I had gone out with him in high heels. He told me, 'Stop wearing those, people will think I'm a midget! Buy some flat shoes, you're tall enough!'" She paused. "I've been wearing high heels ever since." Out of pure spite, of course. "But thank you", she added then, eyeing him with a newfound appreciation. "You don't look half bad yourself. And I'm a terrific actress, thank you - but you are just as good."

"And that should give you a hint about just how much Cas doesn't understand subtlety", Horknath added with a grin. "I mean. I'm pretty bad at it, and still he has to follow my lead."
Dean laughed. Alright, that was... kind of endearing, actually. Cute even.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 24/06/20, 11:36 pm

Raphael scoffed. "I'm not as good but you're quite.. inspiring. To go back on the topic of height- You're not too tall, no." He said after carefully looking at her. "I'm no expert in fashion, but I do think it would be a shame to see you in a dress like this, that compliments your legs, without heels to go with it."

"Awww you're not so bad!" Carleen protested with a smile while leaning forward to pat Horknath's shoulder. She would have loved to wrap her arms around him, but it was a little awkward for her to reach out fully in the car, with hear seatbelt fastened.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 24/06/20, 11:59 pm

Selena blinked again. Huh. It seemed like Raphael was really keen on surprising her just a little bit more every time he spoke. She couldn't help a pleased smile blossoming on her lips. "Well. Maybe you aren't a fashion expert, but you really know the right things to say to a woman", she mused, finishing up her drink.

Horknath chuckled. "Carleen, I do love you, but that's a giant lie", he said with a smile, turning a little to kiss her cheek.
Dean made a noise that sounded distinctively like a "Oh God, get a room you two".

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 25/06/20, 08:58 pm

Now it was Raphael's turn to look surprised. He too let out a slight smile. "I'm merely being honest. I don't know how to talk to women - you've probably witnessed that a few times already at university," he confessed before he too finished his drink.

Carleen pleasantly flushed and giggle, before she stuck her tongue at Dean. "You're just jealous I found my soulmate before you did!"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 25/06/20, 10:14 pm

Selena hummed. "It's true, you're quite awkward", she answered - maybe a little too honestly. "But tonight, for your usual standard, you're doing extraordinarily well", she added then, resting a hand on his shoulder in what could pass as a loving, but slightly possessive gesture.

Dean stuck his tongue back at her from the rearview mirror - but did throw a fond look at Castiel when he was sure she was distracted. Maybe it was too soon to talk about soulmate - but Cas was a really amazing guy, and he did hope their relationship would go far.
After a bit, he pulled in front of Carleen's place. "Here we are, princess Carleen", he exclaimed. "This is our first stop - the royal palace. Next stop, wherever the rest of you poor mortals live!"
"I'll get down with Carleen", Horknath said, a little shyly. "I don't think I can stay the night, but I'd like to stay a bit more together, if it's alright."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 25/06/20, 10:40 pm

Raphael looked at the hand on his shoulder, but he didn't complain. Instead, he relaxed to the touch, and sighed when Rachel invited everyone to sit down and have dinner. Want to fast forward that evening a bit, with the two of them finally leaving after dropping terrible elements to their backstory one after the other?

Carleen made a slight victory gesture, and grinned at Horknath. "Of course you can! Thanks for the ride, Dean! have a good night, you two!" She got out of the car and grabbed Horknath's arm as soon as he joined her. In the meantime, Castiel got out of the car as well, to stretch a bit and sit in the front instead, so he could be with Dean. He did bit his best friend and Carleen goodnight on his way there, though.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 25/06/20, 11:02 pm

Yes! Selena was feeling quite proud as she left that awful party - if it could even be called a party - at Raphael's arm. Mostly proud of how she had said goodbye to Michael, who had been quite an ass especially during the last ten minutes of the dinner ("Good luck for your campaign. I'll vote for Mr. Novak, by the way. Like I've been doing since I've got my right to vote.") "Well. That was nice. I hope we never have to go in there ever again", she said as they walked to the car.

Horknath gingerly let Carleen grab him and pull him away - after waving goodbye at both Castiel and Dean, bidding goodnight to both. 
Dean finger-pistoled at Carleen and waved at Horknath. He then waited for Castiel to come back inside the car and sit at his side. He didn't start the car back too soon - he decided to go for it and just grab his boyfriend's hand to hold it for a bit. "So", he started, smiling at him. "Where do you want me to go?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 26/06/20, 05:46 pm

Raphael, against all odds, was silent. But it was because there was a wide grin on his face. He was still thinking of the fact that, everyone had been shocked by any topic Selena managed to bring to the table. Hell, when he opened the car for her, he even shook his hand to repress a laugh, remembering just how outraged his mother had been when they had pretended to be doing something naughty in the living-room - and yet Selena had just messed his hair, shirt and tie and stood suspiciously close to him when Rachel entered the room and saw her son buttoning his shirt back up while clearing his throat.
"I think it's safe to assume that neither of us will ever be invited again," he whispered to Selena. Only when he too sat in the car and close the door did he finally start laughing, slightly at first, but the he threw a mischievous glance at Selena, and he was lost for this world.

Castiel smiled softly at Dean, and wet his lips. "Do you think we could make this date last a little longer?" He gently squeezed his hand. Given how late it was, he supposed Eileen might not be waiting for him and was either out or had gone to bed already.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 26/06/20, 06:41 pm

Selena was pleasantly surprised by how freely Raphael was laughing. She was pretty sure that she had never seen him looking so free from any birden, so genuinely happy. It made her feel glad that she had accepted this strange non-date - if nothing so that she could witness a new side of this seemingly cold young man. She did laugh as well with him, saying nothing - there was no need, for now.

Dean's gaze softened when Castiel squeezed his hand. "Sure", he answered. "Where would you like to go?" His gaze fell on his boyfriend's full, inviting lips, and he instinctively wet his own.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 26/06/20, 06:55 pm

Raphael kept on laughing for a while, and then he gestured for Selena to fasten her seatbelt. He wiped his tears of laughter off his face, and finally started the engine. "Thank you, Selena," he eventually managed to say after a while, still smiling.

Castiel hesitated, when his eyes fell on Dean's lips as well. "Somewhere quiet, maybe." The arcade had been nice, but they had been too mindful of not being seen touching or kissing, and he was aching for that now. Kissing Dean. Then again, in front of Carleen's home perhaps was not the best place where to kiss him for the first time. Was it?
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 26/06/20, 07:06 pm

Selena diligently fastened her seatbelt and glanced back at Raphael when he thanked her. She didn't know what she was thinking right then, to be honest - but she leaned in and kissed him on the lips. It was a chaste kiss, but not quite short enough to be just a peck. When she straightened up again, she was smirking. "Thank you, Raphael", she purred. "I had fun."

Dean took a deep breath. Yeah, he didn't feel like this was a proper place where to kiss Castiel for the first time - nor a proper place in case they'd end up maybe making out a little. Which he sure hoped would happen. "Alright. I know a nice place - usually there's no one at this time. maybe just a few cars." He turned on the engine of his car. "How do you feel about an open cinema? We could - stay in the car and mind our business while a silly movie plays in the background."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 26/06/20, 08:13 pm

Raphael blinked a few times after that kiss, and he felt his whole face heating up. It was almost a miracle if he managed to let out a smile, before he finally began to drive them away from his hellish childhood home. "I had... a lot of fun too," he said a little awkwardly, before he added, "Would you mind- I mean, I know we agreed to a one-time only event and we still haven't discussed how I shall reward your contribution, but- maybe we could-" Oh god, why was it so hard.

Castiel smiled at Dean and nodded. "I'd love that." It took him a few more seconds to finally let go of Dean's hand, so that he could fasten his seatbelt. "I've never been to an open cinema before. What's it like?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 26/06/20, 08:48 pm

Selena threw a glance at Raphael. She raised a brow at his stuttering, and had to fight against herself in order not to grin. Aw, she could have just eaten him. "Are you inviting me over to your room?", she asked, mostly to provoke him actually. She knew that he didn't mean that by a long shot. "Or are you asking me to actually date you?"

"It's pretty fun!", Dean answered, driving off. He felt a little sad about the fact that he had no longer Castiel's warm hand on his, but he conforted himself thinking that soon they could be closer to each other. "The movies are usually pretty campy and cheesy, especially if it's horror ones. You can buy beverages or snacks at the entrance, and you don't even have to leave your car."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 26/06/20, 09:19 pm

Raphael of course almost panicked when Selena mentioned his room, but he calmed down as soon as he understood that she was just joking. "If you'd be willing to give dating me a try." He cleared his throat. "I'd like to at least treat you to a nice dinner, that doesn't involve any of my racist family members. If that's alright with you."

Castiel smiled, but tilted his head in confusion. "But you can still hear the movie even though we stay in the car? Do we have to keep the windows open?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 26/06/20, 09:45 pm

Selena smirked for good this time. "I appreciate the guts. It probably took a lot of it, for you to ask me out." She turned to look in front of her, and stared at the road for a second, before answering. "It's alright with me, yes. I'd like it more if it was only you, actually - your family made me wish to be back home with my parents."

"Of course, the volume is quite high", Dean explained, smiling at Castiel. "You just need to keep the windows a tiny bit open, and usually that's enough. There won't even be that many people right now, as I told you - we're going to the last show of the night. Usually you only have five or four cars, tops." He knew, usually he went there when his father was home and he wanted to be out of his place for as much time as humanly possible.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 26/06/20, 11:27 pm

Raphael kept a smile to himself. "Is this where I'm driving you back at?" He had fetched her up to a quite well-off mansion, after all. No matter how talented she was, she was still a little young to have been able to afford such a place on her own, even with some financial help.

Castiel nodded in understanding, and looked at Dean for a while, before he smiled at him. "Do you like movies in general, or do you just go to the open-air cinema, usually?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 26/06/20, 11:41 pm

"Yes, that's my family's mansion", Selena replied candidly. She wasn't feeling ashamed about still living with her parents - their house was large enough to grant her some private space, so she wasn't feeling in need of fleeing from a suffocating environment. Not that she didn't want to become indipendent, but her tastes were pricey, and she didn't certainly want her parents to be the ones to pay for a new apartment! "They're pretty nice, I don't mind sharing space with them. And I want to be able to sustain myself before leaving home."

"I like movies in general. I go to the open-air cinema only when it's late at night and I still don't feel like going back home", Dean explained, pulling inside the big parking lot after paying for a ticket. As he had foreseen, there were only three cars other than them, and they were all parked pretty distant one from the other. "What about you? What kind of movies do you like?", he finally asked after having turned off the engine and slightly opened their windows.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next