Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

2 - The new world

2 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

2 - The new world - Page 11 Empty Re: 2 - The new world

Post by Mary 16/09/20, 10:29 pm

Alright, Raphael wasn't the greatest detective there was around, but he too had understood that Selena knew who he was. Or. Well. He still needed to make sure. Sharing a name and similar - if not identical - features didn't make it... her. Right? He had to make sure. So he cleared his throat and walked a little closer to Selena before he said, in a perfect Spanish, "Lady Selena. Would you happen to know a man named Raphael Christensen?" He arched a brow. Smooth. He had kept his voice low, however, to let her know he wasn't intending on starting a ruckus around it if she said yes.

Carleen shook her head. "Not really. I got a chance to talk with you, at least." She beamed at Horknath. "You said you would be keeping an eye on Selena and I, but in the end we didn't get to see you much."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 16/09/20, 11:20 pm

Selena stiffened when Raphael spoke to her in Spanish. As she feared - he had recognized her. He was probably just trying to be completely sure, by asking her that question. "I don't want to speak your language", she gritted through her teeth, in Spanish as well. "And I can't forget the family name of the man who kept me as a slave." Yes, maybe she had given herself out even more, but after all. It would have been her word against Raphael. What's a common mortal in front of a Goddess?

Horknath flushed. He didn't get why this woman would want to talk to him in particular. "Well- I, uhm. Getting ready for these kind of ceremonies takes time", he said, omitting the fact that he had seen it personally that he would spend the least time possible alone with the two women. "And I was missing from here since centuries. I had many visits." He hesitated. "Why would you want me to actually keep an eye on you? I thought you'd be glad not to see me around that much."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 16/09/20, 11:49 pm

I wrote 'Raphael' instead of Michael, I'm so tired stoopid

Raphael remained silent for a bit, when his doubts had been finally confirmed by Selena. There were many questions in his mind, at the moment. He felt like he should be mad at her for potentially harming his brother- but that's Michael they were talking about. "I won't blame you. I know my brother isn't a Saint. More of a prick." He had looked elsewhere by now, feigning nonchalance near her.

Carleen nodded once more at Horknath's explanations, with a kind smile, before she turned her gaze away from him, her face heating up significantly. "Well- It's not everyday that you meet a god. I suppose I'm curious." She played with the end of her braid a little, as she often did when she felt flustered around Horknath. "But I'd love to learn more about you. I mean- I've heard the tales of the city. But I don't know how you perceive them. What's your daily life like."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 17/09/20, 12:10 am

You cute tired potato.

Selena snorted. "Well, that's not exactly the word I'd have used", she answered pointedly, still holding herself in a very stiff way. She crossed her arms on her chest, not knowing how to feel about Raphael. On one side, he was Michael's brother, so she really couldn't trust that he wouldn't share his views about slaves. On the other hand, though, he wasn't attacking her. "If you are wondering, yes. I was the one who stabbed him. I would do it again, if the occasion rised, and this once I would aim better", she added curtly. She mostly wanted to test the waters, to see if he would become aggressive with her after that threat towards his brother.

If Carleen liked to play with the tail of her braid when she was flustered, Horknath had the habit of scratching his beard continuously whenever she was talking to him. Which was more embarrassing, because it almost felt as if he was infested with cooties - and he wasn't! "It's... way less glamorous than one would think", he confessed, flushing a little. Too much attention. "I mostly hunt and spend a lot of time out in the wild. I look over El Dorado from the realm where the gods live, I answer prayers during difficult times. And I spend most of my downtime with my parents." He shrugged. He knew how that could sound to a human - they usually left their parents' house pretty young to start a life of their own, and saw it as shameful to stay too long. "I am quite young, for a god." He turned towards her, trying to bravely fight his instinct to hide his face from her. "On the other hand, I've never met someone who came from as far away as you. How are your people like?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 17/09/20, 08:28 pm

Raphael remained silent for a bit. "I think it would be best for you if you never had to step foot again in Spain. Besides... You're much better off here as a goddess than back there as his... slave." He hated to admit it, but Eileen was right; knew that his brother's 'servants' were treated no better than slaves.

Carleen smiled throughout Horknath's explanation, actually glad to learn more about the god! She was even pleasantly surprised to know that his life was quite close to a human's, in the end!
She tilted her head, pondering over his question for a moment. "Not too different from the people here, I suppose. Except we are much more, and the climate is different, so a lot of things are bound to change." She told him - discretely, hoping no villagers would try to spy on their conversation - about the way it was back at her place, when she helped with the horses or her father's craft. She told him a bit about their religion, and the gods they had too, of course.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 17/09/20, 09:11 pm

"i would have preferred to still be back home in Africa, with my parents and my family", Selena answered, still a bit coldly. "But I guess you're right." She threw a quick glance at Carleen, her expression softening a bit. "If I hadn't been there, I don't know what would've happened to her." Even though she genuinely thought that Carleen was quite strong willed. She had been the first to adapt to that new situation they were in, and she had been the one who had elaborated their escape plan. They had been unlucky when that same night Michael had decided he wanted to drag her into his bedroom.

Horknath listened, looking very interested in Carleen's stories. "I know what horses are", he commented at some point, "but I've never seen one from up close. Here there aren't any." He seemed even more interested when she told him about the gods her people believed in. "It's funny. Some of us are associated with animals too, just like your gods", he said. He smiled a little bit. "Our God of the moon is often seen as a snake. My own father as a jaguar, the strongest animal of the jungle."

Last edited by Gravirei on 17/09/20, 09:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 17/09/20, 09:21 pm

Raphael remained silent for a bit, before he frowned slightly. "Wait- are you still planning on going back to your homeland? You'll have a whole ocean to cross. And no crew to run a ship."

Carleen smiled brightly. "Oh, really? Well, I guess it makes sense! What is yours, then?" She seemed genuinely curious. She was glad Horknath was opening up to her.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 17/09/20, 09:39 pm

Selena shrugged. "We don't need a crew. We arrived on this island all on our own. And we'll have someone accompanying us anyway, the only local who knows about our true identity - it's already decided." She frowned, looking at Raphael. "Why shouldn't I plan to get back home? I can't stay here and lie to these good people for the rest of my life."

Horknath scratched the back of his head, a bit embarrassed. "I don't know if you saw the inscriptions on my temple - sometimes they think of me as a jaguar as well, for how much I look like my father. Some other times, they see me as a dog." He nodded towards a dog that was not so far away from the feast, an eye open to gaze on the partygoers - and tail wagging as it patiently let some children noisily play around it, tug on its ears and pat its head. "For being the guardian of this place, I think. Dogs keep guard, after all."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 17/09/20, 10:01 pm

Raphael seemed quite surprised by Selena's answer. Many people would have tried to take advantage of the situation, but not her. He felt even more respect for this woman now, who hadn't hesitated to attack his brother, to steal a boat to cross an ocean... and who now wouldn't live like a goddess for the rest of her life, and would rather cross the ocean again to head back home.
"Well- the I hope you will succeed. To get back home, I mean."

"It's true!" Carleen said with a fond smile. "Dogs are also kind, and protective towards the people they feel close to. It does make sense." She smiled at Horknath, after looking at that dog playing among children one more time. "You're more... reserved, however. I mean, from what I've been given to witness."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 17/09/20, 10:16 pm

Selena blinked. Rapahel was... well. He sounded truly different from his brother. "Thank you", she answered, trying not to sound hesitant. "Will you and your siblings try to head back home as well?" She figured it was only polite to ask. She eyed the wounded leg. "But maybe you should wait for that to heal, first."

Horknath flushed a little. "I'm... I'm more used to be on my own. I'm not very good with people", he answered, looking away. He seemed a little fidgety now. "I very seldom appear in front of my people. They think it's because I am a hunter, and so I like to observe things from a well hidden spot. They are partially right about that, I guess."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 17/09/20, 10:48 pm

Raphael sighed. "Seems like we have no choice but wait, indeed." He looked down at his leg moodily, and then glared at Sam from afar. "But I don't think we'll head back to Spain. There is nothing left for us there, safe for an unhappy marriage for my sister and, well. Death for me, I suppose."

Carleen smiled kindly at him. "But you are very good with people, in fact. For the little I've seen you interacting with the priests, you seemed rather nice. Quite at ease." She looked away from Horknath again, and remained thoughtful. "I'm convinced you'd be good with children as well."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 17/09/20, 11:05 pm

Selena sighed. "I see. Your country isn't very nice not even to you people who live in it. Why would they want to kill you, anyway?" She paused. "For what's worth, I don't hate you for what happened to me." She felt like saying that, for one reason or the other.

"Oh, priests are different", Horknath answered mindlessly. He then flushed harder at the mention of him being good with kids - Carleen thinking that he'd be good with kids. What did that mean? Why was she thinking of him looking over children? DID IT MEAN SOMETHING AT ALL- "I'm- I'm actually quite good with children", he blurted out, not looking at her. "They like to pull on my hair and climb on my shoulders while I sit to meditate. I let them."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 17/09/20, 11:55 pm

Raphael's expression softened - yes, softened. But not enough for him to smile or anything - and he shrugged at Selena's question. "I hit an officer. Caused a mutiny to start, from what I've heard. Those kinds of things don't get forgiven."

Carleen couldn't hold back a soft chuckle at the thought. "You sound like you're even too good with children," she kindly teased him. "But you have a lot of patience. It's a good quality. Whoever will have you is a lucky girl." Alright, alcohol was certainly helping her to talk so carelessly with a god.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 18/09/20, 06:11 pm

Selena felt almost sorry for Raphael. "And your siblings got pulled into this?", she asked, finally picking up a fruit after minutes spent deciding, and giving it a bite.

Horknath choked on the drink he had started to sip - he had hoped that would have helped him feel less nervous while talking with Carleen. Useless, of course, as you see. "I-I don't think I'll ever- no woman would-" He stuttered embarrassingly for a couple of seconds before he managed to reign himself in again, coughing a little. "I don't think so."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 18/09/20, 08:45 pm

Raphael shrugged. "I don't think they would have made it on their own anyway, it was better if we stuck together. Castiel is just a priest, and Eileen- well, she was a clandestine woman on board. I don't even dare to imagine what my colleagues might have put her through."

Carleen tilted her head, confused by Horknath's answer. She threw him a knowing smirk, however. "Why? You're quite handsome, strong, and kind... humble," she added with amusement.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 18/09/20, 09:11 pm

Selena snorted. "I have an idea or two", she muttered bitterly. "At least you've been lucky. The people of this city are the most hospitable and nice I've ever met." She smiled lightly, observing as the locals danced and laughed around the fire. "Maybe they are a little gullible - but I think a lot of their goodness stems from there."

Horknath had never felt so flustered in his whole life. Damn it - this was exactly the reason why he had made sure no women could be priests in his temple! And this one in particular, she was so- so fearless. Did she feel no restraint, no shame in talking to a god with so much familiarity? "I'm not good with women", he mumbled, without explaining any further.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 18/09/20, 09:40 pm

Raphael nodded. "We'll stay here for as long as we can." He remained silent for a bit, before he cleared his throat. "I. Don't intend to let my siblings know that I know who you are, if that may reassure you."

Carleen's expression softened, and she gently laid her hand on Horknath's arm. "I'm sorry. I probably made you feel uncomfortable. I- can go now, and leave you alone, if you wish."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 18/09/20, 09:56 pm

"Hmph. Good." Selena threw a glance at him. "I think if you went around yelling that I'm actually a very regular human being, if slightly more god-like than the normal, they would definitely throw you in a prison for blasphemy." She smirked. "We have a real God on our side, who will definitely vouch for us - at least judging with how caught he is by my colleague over there", she added, nodding discreetly towards Horknath and Carleen.

Horknath, whose head quickly turned towards that gentle, soft hand resting on his bicep. He gulped. "N-no, it's alright. It's just-" He hesitated. He didn't want Carleen to feel offended by his callousness. "By this point you probably know that I seldom admit women in my temple. I'm really not used to have to do with them. But you don't have to go away", he fretted to add.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 18/09/20, 10:09 pm

Raphael frowned slightly. "Speaking of which- I'm impressed you even got a god on your side. But who am I to judge," he said with a shrug. He attempted to grab himself something to eat, but had to steady himself using his staff. God was this hard.

Carleen tilted her head, and gently retrieved her hand from Horknath's arm. "I've been meaning to ask, by the way. Why do you refuse women in your temple? There are many of them among hunters, from what I've seen."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 18/09/20, 10:27 pm

"When you look like me and Carleen, you can have whatever you wish", Selena commented while following Raphael's struggles with her eyes. She rolled them when he didn't manage to grab a piece of some dish, that consequently fell on the ground, rolling away (at least the dog from some answers ago would be very happy). She wordlessly picked up a fruit, holding it up to him. "There."

Horknath didn't answer for a good couple of seconds. He was clearly and visibly debating over whether to actually tell the truth to Carleen or invent a random excuse to throw her off his back. In the end, he decided to go for the first option, because he didn't really feel like it would be right to lie to someone he had come specifically to reproach because she was lying to his people. it would have been hypocrite. "... women are so pretty", he murmured in a very low voice, his face red. "I don't know how to handle that. I don't think I'd manage to have to listen to one pray to me every day as my priest." He braced himself - he was probably going to get laughed at.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 18/09/20, 10:45 pm

Raphael scoffed when Selena said that thanks to their looks, she and Carleen could get anything. Yet- although he felt quite ashamed about it, he was also thankful when Selena took pity on him. He nodded towards her, a little awkwardly, and took the fruit to finally get a bite o fit.

Carleen's expression softened. If anything, she even felt a little sad, but tried to hide it - it certainly wouldn't help Horknath if she made him feel like she had wished he was only this awkward and flustered around her. "I see." She sat back in her place. "I won't bother you anymore, then. I mean- you're probably not comfortable, with me invading your personal space every time we meet."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 18/09/20, 11:04 pm

Selena held back a smirk - yes, she had taken pity on Raphael indeed. She threw a glance to the dancers again and rised a brow. "Oh. Looks like your sister is mingling well with the locals", she observed gently, smiling a little. Eileen looked very happy, and was now improvising a little dance on her own with Sam - a bit distanced from the others as not to bother them. The percussions were very strong, so she definitely felt and loved the vibrations!

Horknath turned towards her once more. He looked startled for a second - and then terrified. "Oh, no- have I offended you?", he immediately asked, looking mortified. If anything because, once his father would hear about this, he would definitely be getting an earful from him! "I-I mean, it's definitely difficult to stay around you, if anything because you are definitely the most beautiful among all the women I've ever seen, but I swear on my name it's not your fault-" There, now he was rambling. And- oh, no, had he complimented her out loud!? OH NO. THE EMBARRASSMENT.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 18/09/20, 11:47 pm

Raphael sighed. He looked mildly annoyed at the thought. "I'll be going, then. I need to keep an eye on her- that hunter is way too familiar with her." He nodded in Selena's direction, and looked around so he could find a seat from where he might be able to watch over Eileen. Just to be sure.

Carleen was surprised by Horknath's confession. In fact, she even let out a startled chuckle, before she lowered her eyes, and fidgeted with her braid again. "Am I to your liking, really? For what's worth- well. You already know that I find you quite attractive."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/09/20, 12:09 am

Horknath, if possible, flushed even harder. Was Carleen serious? He had thought it had been a ploy to confuse him, but... Well, he really didn't know how to answer to that. Damn it, now he really was regretting never stopping to listen at Balthazar and his suggestions on how to compliment (and possibly seduce, but Horknath was not even close to that with his brain) a woman! "I have no idea as to what is so much to your liking", he answered, scratching his neck embarrassedly. "But, uhm. Thanks."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/09/20, 07:46 pm

Carleen chuckled. "Well, I thought I've made my mind clear, Horknath. You're a wonderful person. A kind god. A handsome man." She threw him a playful glance.

Meanwhile, Sam grew a little tired of dancing so much, even if it was with Eileen. He smiled at her at the end of a dance, and gently brushed his fingers against her shoulders. "This was fun, but I'm growing tired of the noise and agitation around. How about you?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next