Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Spymasters and Inquisition

2 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Spymasters and Inquisition - Page 13 Empty Re: Spymasters and Inquisition

Post by Gravirei 07/11/17, 10:56 pm

Horknath snorted, laughing. "Agreed", he said. "I'd honestly be sad for Yvan, though. He's a good guy."
"He just has to hope that knife down his throat won't be mine", Nadia hissed through gritted teeths, making them a sign to follow her to the building too. "Because I won't be satisfied just with aiming for that." Serah laughed.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/11/17, 11:02 pm

Valdyr snorted, but then sighed. "Poor Yvan. Oh, well." He looked up to Horknath. "So just to be clear, tonight you'll be my eyes. For obvious reasons." After all, he was smaller than the majority of guests, and could not see much in a crowd.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/11/17, 11:07 pm

Horknath hid a smile. "Yes sir", he limited himself in saying with a small salute. "Guess that means we don't want to end up in separated groups when we split", he observed then, walking into the vast hallway of the palace and up the central row of stairs, draped in red. Yep, he was going to get lost there.
And was that a hint of elvish architecture?

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/11/17, 11:18 pm

Valdyr cursed under his beard. "Elvish buildings. Great. Their halls and rooms always make little to no sense. Don't get away from me, I'll remember how we got in but not how this shit works with so many people around," he grunted to Horknath.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/11/17, 11:31 pm

"Just great! So it will be both of us to get lost. Very nice!" Horknath exclaimed, deadly worried. Nadia stifled a laugh. "Don't worry, Master Valdyr. I'll make sure to send a scouting legion for the two of you so that no one will be lost here. Not for more than a week, at least." She guided them through a great door to the ballroom. From a remote side of the big room, a delicious smell of food made it very clear where the buffet was. In the centre, some people danced on a boring, too flourishing waltz music. Nadia lowered her voice. "That woman up there is the Dutchess", she said, nodding towards a white haired woman, talking to three younger ladies near one of the big windows.
Well. Anybody could have told who she was, just by looking at how she held herself. And how she was dressed.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/11/17, 09:21 pm

Valdyr nodded quietly. "I suppose you want to be the one guaranteeing her own safety?" he asked Nadia.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/11/17, 09:35 pm

Nadia bit her lip. She didn't seem particularly happy with that task. "I have to", she simply said. "Someone should have come with me, but since Ash disappeared in thin air and God knows where Varric went, I will have to go alone. Which is NOT a thing that pleases me, by the way. Be wary: she'll probably send her First Dame to... greet you." She took a deep breath and walked off, up to reach for the Dutchess.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/11/17, 10:02 pm

Ash was quick to join Nadia on her way to meet the Dutchess, though. "Please, Nadia, you know that I react rather quickly to the sound of my name in your pretty mouth," he said with a mocking grin.

Valdyr looked at Nadia leaving for a moment, then raised his gaze to meet Horknath's eyes. "Do you need a quick lesson on what a First Dame is or are we good?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/11/17, 10:27 pm

Nadia almost got an heart attack when Ash materialized at her side. She got her composure back, scoffing at him as she walked. "Oh, really now", she said in a calm voice. "I didn't think it would sound so pleasant, to a demon, having their name spoken by a Paladin. That usually doesn't end well." People around whispered, looking as they walked closer to the part reserved to the Dutchess.

Horknath looked at Valdyr, desperation in his face. "I beg you, please", he whined, clasping his hands together, "before it's too late!" And indeed a woman, richly dressed up, was already walking up to them.
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/11/17, 09:43 pm

Ash smirked. "You'll come to enjoy my company one day, Nadia. I'm sure of it," he whispered to her, before offering her arm to her. "Are we supposed to play a happy couple, by any chance ? ~"

Valdyr leaned towards Horknath, whispering "Long story short ; the Dutchess is not married but that doesn't mean she doesn't get to have fun. We're about to meet her number one. Stay put." He made his most polite smile and bowed his head respectfully at the woman walking up to them. He was after all once used to the ways of the Court.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/11/17, 09:57 pm

Nadia lifted her chin up in defiance, begrudgingly accepting Ash's arm. "I can't refuse your arm at a public party. People would talk. So be it, then... but remember. I am the one that leads", she hissed, before putting on her most corteous smile. She bowed to the Dutchess. "Your Highness. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." The Dutchess answered with a slight bow of her own. "I am glad to finally meet the one that leads the Inquisition. I was curious to see you. The woman everyone speaks about", she said with an airy smile. She looked over to Ash.

Horknath just fretted in imitating Valdyr, bowing, but avoiding to smile. It was for everybody's good. The woman seemed pleased with their efforts, though. "Good evening. I am Laurel, First Dame of the Dutchess. I am pleased to meet the people accompanying the Inquisitor." She clearly expected them to introduce themselves.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/11/17, 10:22 pm

Ash had bowed politely, even hiding his smug smirk for once, seeming... Normal. He had concealed his demon eyes as soon as they had gotten near to that place, after all. "Which makes me the luckiest man at this party, I presume. It is a pleasure to meet you, Madam."

Vladyr nodded. "The pleasure is all ours, Mylady. I am Valdyr from the Eastern mountains, and here is my... trusty adviser, master Horknath."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/11/17, 10:37 pm

Nadia eyed him warily, but still kept her gentle smile. "The Inquisition always gladly accepts invitations, when they hold a promise for peace, your Highness."
"Ah, that's the hope of everyone here, my dear, especially mine. And what a polite, handsome gentleman you got here, Lady Trevelyan", the Dutchess smiled, pleased. "What is your name?"

Horknath didn't really comment on the advisor part of the introductions. He just carefully avoided to emit grunts or any noise as he bowed his head again. Laurel's eyes shifted to Horknath, a politely incredulous expression on her face. "An Half-Orc as an advisor? Well, that's... peculiar, for sure", she commented. "Oh, the Eastern Mountains? Are you a merchant by any chance, Master Valdyr?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/11/17, 10:49 pm

"Yvan Saccherbatch," Ash lied with ease, and a polite smile. But he also knew that Yvan was known as the ungrateful heir of a very rich family, who ran away to live his own life. Yet, that was better than replying "Ash the demon, sup"

"Exactly," Valdyr replied. "Master Horknath helps me with my trade. It's a whole family business, actually. Both my parents were skilled craftfolks, and me and my siblings took a great pride in selling their jewelry." Whether or not he was making up stuff at this point was a pure mystery.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/11/17, 11:02 pm

The Dutchess graced him with a nod. She probably knew the story of Yvan. It was a well known gossip between noble and rich people, after all. "Any news of Duke Gaspard yet, milady?", Nadia asked politely. The Dutchess fanned herself, sighing. "My cousin, he still isn't here. That man sure loves to be late. It's a disgraceful habit. But I won't dwell on it, tonight. What do you think of my party?", she asked, brightening up. "Have you danced already? Oh, and the banquet is exquisite!"

Laurel looked at Valdyr with renewed interest, her eyes shining as she smiled at him. "Jewelry, you say? I must keep your name well in mind then, Master Valdyr", she mused. "Even if tonight, I am afraid you will have to excuse me if I look a bit oit of myself. I am very worried", she sighed dramatically.

Last edited by Gravirei on 09/11/17, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/11/17, 11:07 pm

"We sure hoped to take a look around, everything seems marvellous so far. But was kind of people would we be not to greet you before enjoying the party to its best," Ash replied with a smile. But he looked particularly at Nadia when he said those last few words.

"Why so, Milady ?" Valdyr asked, faking true concern. Well, he was a bit concerned still, after all they were on a mission.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/11/17, 11:19 pm

The Dutchess beamed. "So kind of you. Now go and have plenty of fun! I will be here to wait for Gaspard. You'll be able to greet him later too, if you wish", she concluded, excusing them. Nadia smiled at the Dutchess. "Of course, your Highness. Thank you", she added, bowing. She glanced at Ash, questioningly raising an eyebrow.

"Ah, well... the meeting with Duke Gaspard of course. Surely you'll know everything about it", Lauriel pointedly told them, lowering her voice. "But who I am mostly afraid of is Briala. That... that elf", she spat out, sounding disgusted, "I am sure that Ambassador is planning something. She isn't on good terms with the Court. Well, not after the Dutchess finally saw what hateful person she was spending her... private time with. I really don't understand why she got invited here!" Horknath didn't follow half of what she said. All he could concentrate on, for some reason, was the weird, heavy and sweet perfume she was wearing.
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 10/11/17, 08:49 pm

"So, darling," Ash told her with his smirk back. "How a about we grab a bite and I take you to dance, as her Highness suggested?" He leaned in closer to her, to whisper to her ear. "Unless you have a better excuse for moving around the room without arising suspicion ? ~"

Valdyr nodded. "I've heard they're quite a handful. Yet... pardon me milady, but I've only heard faint noises of this story so far; who is Briala sharing a close relationship with?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/11/17, 09:10 pm

Nadia sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "I guess I don't really have a choice, do I. Guide me wherever, sweetheart", she added, giving him a sickening and venomous smile.

Lauriel was only waiting for an invitation to gossip further. Even if it was clear that this particular gossip was really making her angry. "With the Dutchess, of course. Voices say she was her favourite, once. But I am willing to believe that her Highness would never stoop so low", she sneered with disgust. "That elf probably got angry because she never had the kinfd of attentions she wanted."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 10/11/17, 09:15 pm

Ash winked at her, before he went for a quick bite at the buffet. But soon enough he grabbed Nadia by the waist to dance with her, taking them to differents parts of the room where she could keep her eyes on the guests. He was clearly having a lot of fun by keeping her much too close to him.

Valdyr nodded again. "It seems like the kind of stories an envious woman would spread," he agreed. Oh boy, relationship gossips were by far his least favourites. But he made an effort to seem somewhat invested. After all, they were trying to gather information.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/11/17, 09:30 pm

"Is all this vicinity really necessary, or is it merely for your entertainment?", Nadia hissed, clearly very uncomfortable with that situation as she followed Ash through the dance. As a Paladin, she was not used to be that close to a man.

Lauriel nodded vigorously. "It's disgraceful indeed, Master Valdyr. And as a counselor of the Inquisitor, conaider me telling you all of this as a tip on who you should keep an eye on", she added, lowering her voice. "Now excuse me, gentlemen. I have other guests to greet. It was a pleasure." She bowed to them.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 10/11/17, 09:54 pm

"It seems you're still far from becoming a master of disguise, Inquisitor," Ash humored her. He then leaned even closer, to whisper to her ear. "People don't pay attention to a handsy couple, and actually tear their eyes away from them out of pure reflex. Take this opportunity to open your eyes, I'll take care of the rest ~"

"Pleasure was ours," Valdyr ensured her with a polite smile. And, when she was far enough, he whispered to Horknath. "So, we keep our eyes on the elf."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/11/17, 10:15 pm

Nadia suppressed a shiver. ... Gods, she strongly hoped Ash hadn't felt it. She actually took the chance to look around, keeping her disdain for herself for once. She noticed the Duke, a bit far away, talking to the Dutchess. He had arrived then. Good. Better keep an eye on him.

Horknath nodded. "Oh Gods I am so glad you know how to talk with people", he blurted out immediately. What the hell was he doing there? He was a mercenary, not an ambassador or whatever! "So we have to find an elf then. An elf that if I remember well, is a well known spymaster. Any ideas?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 10/11/17, 10:27 pm

Ash took the opportunity to keep Nadia close, smiling to himself. "Anything interesting so far ? ~"

Valdyr had a hard time holding back a laugh when Horknath mentionned just how relieved he was. But he tried his best to remain calm. "Well. Try to look for someone who blends in too perfectly. If you can't see the tip of their ears and they are really tall, slender human-like figures, it could be our elf."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/11/17, 10:37 pm

Nadia narrowed her eyes to him. "Just your hand being a bit too insistent on my waist", she politely observed. "And the Duke is here. Talking with his cousin. If at a certain point you will unhand me, we should talk to him", she added.

"Ok. Doesn't seem that difficult." Horknath looked around attentively. "Let's try to move a bit, maybe we'll be lucky. I suggest to start at the banquet." That had nothing to do with his empty stomach.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum