Voir le deal
21.99 €

Spymasters and Inquisition

2 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Spymasters and Inquisition - Page 4 Empty Re: Spymasters and Inquisition

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 08:50 pm

"Lady, I've been living in the skin of a poor crybaby who left his wealth and noble status to run around and occasionally beg for money. Trust me. There's nothing more frustrating," Ash replied with an equal grin.

Valdyr sighed heavily but made no other comments. Oh, well, aside from "And what tells us that our food won't be poisoned this time?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 08:56 pm

Serah looked at Valdyr with a skeptical eye after inviting them to sit. "Well. I have you guys exactly where I need you to be now. No need to waste any more of my poison. But if it makes you feel better, I can taste-proof it", she grinned. "Roast beef is my favourite."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 08:59 pm

"Why aren't you getting your own plate, then?" Valdyr asked, as he raised an eyebrow. "You're at your place, aren't you?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 09:02 pm

"I ate already", Serah hummed, plopping down on a seat next to them. "Maybe you won't agree, but I like to think I am not a greedy bitch." She snorted though when the chair Horknath had picked for himself creaked ominously under his weight. He let out an embarrassed noise.
A maid brought three dishes full of meat and vegetables while another one served them some beer.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 09:18 pm

Valdyr patted Horknath't arm softly, making no other comment. He hated Serah with a passion already.

"So if you ate already, why are you there," Ash asked with another grin. "I mean, no offense, but we don't need company to enjoy a fine meal."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 09:22 pm

Serah shrugged. "Nadia- the Inquisitor told me to accompany you. I will get on the move though", she answered with a yawn, stretching before finally getting up. She bid them goodnight and disappeared in a matter of seconds.
Horknath stuffed his mouth with the roastbeef and the vegetables, merely waving at her.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 09:28 pm

Ash ate quite happily, and laughed when he saw Horknath's appetite. "My, aren't you hungry. I thought you prefered raw meat, though?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 09:36 pm

Horknath swallowed his food, embarrassed. "I... I am just nervous. I eat when I am nervous. That's... That's it." He was lucky that all the food apparently went to his muscles. And to the bit of fudge he had on his sides.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 09:41 pm

Ash grinned even wider. "You sure you don't want me in? I mean, you probably wouldn't even notice I am there half of the time ~"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 09:49 pm

Horknath narrowed his eyes. "Read my lips", he said, leaning towards him. "For-get-it", he syllabed, returning back to his place and continuing his meal. "You'll not, under any circumstance, be allowed to crawl around in my body", he concluded.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 09:52 pm

"Aww." Ash still smiled, but didn't push much further than that. "So. What's the plan. Who's in to help our host?"

Valdyr paused for a moment, looking at Horknath. He knew that the half-orc wanted to talk to him, but he didn't know if he had meant alone with or without Ash around.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 10:09 pm

Horknath put down his fork. He looked at both Valdyr and Ash, thinking it over. One could almost hear the the gears turning in his head. He glanced at Valdyr. "You said our contract was over. I am deeply sorry to tell you I do not agree with that", he said, very seriously. "What are you planning to do?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 10:28 pm

Valdyr took a deep breath. Then glared at Ash. "I'm about to open my heart, so please go away and let Yvan at least enjoy a bit of this steak."
"Aw, shush," Ash said with a smile, looking at Horknath for support.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 10:37 pm

Horknath glared at Ash. "Be nice for once, have Yvan be back, and we will allow you to stay... Ash for the whole night until tomorrow morning when we will be done talking. Alright?", he said, hopeful that he could accept.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 10:51 pm

Ash snorted. "I'll have you remember that you're not bargaining with a child. But well. Suit yourselves. See you next time Yvan passes out ~" He then blinked a few times, and... passed out, resting against the back of his chair. It always took Yvan a bit longer to recover after that.
Valdyr took a deep breath. "So. I'll be honest with you. I'm travelling because I'm trying to grant my brother's dying wish. We... were cousins to the current dwarf king," he sighed heavily. "And we've both been banished. I don't feel like I belong anywhere anymore, and I've been betrayed by both my friends and my people. Politics is the least of my concerns."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 10:59 pm

Horknath shook his head at Ash's - well, Yvan's - passed out form and concetrated on Valdyr's story. He closed himself in a respectful silence, nodding just when he stopped talking. "Go on", he said then, brows furrowed. He knew how it was to be an outcast, but he couldn't phantom being banished by your own family. He was a bit horrified.
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 11:11 pm

Valdyr licked his lips, unsure if to continue or not. He finally sighed. "My cousin... made the wrong decisions. Was advised by the wrong people. Went down a wrong path. My brother - he was the eldest of us all - tried to warn him. Then got angry. Then tried to fix certain things on his own." His voice got uneven as he fought back tears. "My cousin pronounced death sentence on him. And banishment. Which means he didn't even get a burial. Didn't earn the right to... lay at peace inside the walls of our kingdom."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 11:16 pm

Horknath didn't know what was the proper way to react to that. He was unsure, but in the end he laid his hand on Valdyr's shoulder. "I grieve with you", he said, quietly and respectfully. "I am sorry you had to tell me."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 11:24 pm

Valdyr took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly. "His last wish was to get something to his daughter. This is why I'm travelling back to the mountains. I have to give it to her, whether I'll get killed in the process or not. That's it."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/10/17, 12:01 am

Horknath thought it over for a bit. "Well, I can see why you decided to hire an half-orc", he said slowly. He thought more. "... hey. Do you think we can ask the Inquisitor to lend us a hand to get to the mountains safe?", he asked carefully. "I mean. After accompanying you, I'd come back to help anyway", he mumbled. "So. Maybe we can bargain my help for theirs." He sounded hopeful.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 14/10/17, 06:48 pm

Valdyr sighed deeply. "... Horknath, I'm supposed to go unseen. I'd attract too much attention with more than one bodyguard. Look." He took another breath. "If I survive this thanks to you, and if this is your wish, we can come back to help. I won't care anymore."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 14/10/17, 07:47 pm

Horknath straightened on the chair, his towering height showing as he lifted up his chin. "You will survive this whether you like it or not. And after surviving the hell out of it you will get drunk and have fun", he said, deadly serious. He wasn't one to talk with 'if's and 'maybe's.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 14/10/17, 08:11 pm

Valdyr held back a smile. "Alright. If we leave by tomorrow morning we can get back before that stupid Dutchess birthday party. Does that sound like a plan to you?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 14/10/17, 08:24 pm

"Sounds good to me", Horknath said, resting his back against the chair now. "And 'sides, you're the boss here. Do we leave our... friend here?", he asked then, nodding towards Yvan, who was still out of this world.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 14/10/17, 08:35 pm

"...We should probably put him in a be-" Valdyr started to say, but he was startled by Yvan suddenly waking up and yelling "I'M THERE." The mage looked around, confused, then looked at his plate. "Aw man, I missed half of dinner. Also, what is this place?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum