Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

02 - Not the devil you know

2 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

02 - Not the devil you know - Page 10 Empty Re: 02 - Not the devil you know

Post by Gravirei 18/04/19, 11:04 pm

Dean observed his phone for a bit before finally answering to Sam's message. He excused himself from his friends, telling them he was going outside to talk a bit with his brother. He took some deep breaths and dialed the number while standing next to the entrance, away from meddling people. "Hey, Sammy", he greeted him as soon as he picked up.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 18/04/19, 11:13 pm

"Hey," Sam greeted him on the other side, before he sighed. "So. Do you want to talk about the mess that's all over the news, or would you rather talk about something else, to ease your mind a bit?" He offered kindly. He could guess Dean couldn't take any more of that shit for now.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 18/04/19, 11:26 pm

"Honestly I would rather... talk of anything else that's not this mess, at least right now", Dean answered with a deep sigh. He loved his brother, he really did, but there was too much going on right now for him to want to talk about it any further. He had discussed about it with Charlie, with Cas, with Balthazar via messages, with Selena... He was a bit sick of all that. "How's it going for you?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 18/04/19, 11:30 pm

Sam held back a smile, yet it could still be heard in his voice. "Well... I suppose you'd have learned about it sooner or later anyway." He licked his lips, pausing just a moment. "I'm in a relationship. Her name's Eileen, she's gorgeous, and she basically sasses me around everytime we meet for professional purposes."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 18/04/19, 11:34 pm

Dean blinked, gaping a bit. Well. That hadn't been what he imagined he would hear. He let out a startled chuckle, breaking his surprised silence. "No way, you have a girlfriend? That's too good to be true. Are you sure she isn't completely blind or anything? I mean. If she manages to stick around you, it must be something like that." He poked at him affectionately, like he always did. Of course he was happy to hear this news. His brother had never been particularly lucky with his relationship - neither had he, for what matters, but Sam had always been a big romantic. "So she's a colleague of yours then?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 12:04 am

Sam chuckled and called Dean a jerk for teasing him of course, before he hummed. "Well- I wouldn't say colleague. She's an assistant procurator, so we're basically foes when in court, so to speak." Sam held back a fond smile when he remembered their first meeting. "Long story short, I kept being ridiculed in front of my boss because she always found the tiniest flaws in my papers, and then we met, hit it off, and we've been seeing each other for a few weeks now." Given Sam's tone, he had clearly fallen for Eileen, and hoped their relationship would last.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 01:58 pm

Dean couldn't help the smile that blossomed on his lips. "That's great news. This chick sounds like she's tough, and you sound like you just met the princess of your dreams. You're really head over heels, eh? And - wow, assistant procurator already? She must be very good at what she does!" Of course he was thinking of a young woman, same age as Sam.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 02:28 pm

"Well-" Sam bit on his lower lip. Dean would have found out sooner or later anyway, he figured. "She is very good. But she's also got more experience in that field." He cleared his throat. "She's 33." And he was going to be 25 in a few months, so they basically were nine years apart. Not that he minded, but he braced himself for Dean's reaction.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 02:59 pm

Dean blinked. "... well", he finally said, after a whole good minute of silence, just to pause again shortly after. "I had no idea you were into older women. This counts as a cougar thing, right? It definitely counts as a cougar thing." He grinned. "Is she hot?" Well, it's not like Sam could expect Dean to be mature about it. But he wasn't being terrible either!

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 03:12 pm

Sam snorted. "She's not old enough to qualify as a cougar, Dean," he lectured his brother, before he sighed softly, trying not to smile like a dork. "She's very hot. But just so you know, it's pretty serious between us. Don't even think about interfering."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 03:22 pm

"I see your point. I take note of it. I don't care. Still a cougar", Dean quipped back, grinning like an idiot. "Interfering? When have I ever!", he added, feigning offense. "I just want to meet up with her some day. So that I can judge this supposed hotness by myself. I don't think I'm asking for the moon here."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 03:51 pm

Sam rolled his eyes, and pondered over that thought for a bit. "Why not? You could come over to my place next time you have some free time over a week-end, and I'll invite Eileen as well. Maybe Bobby too, he deserves to meet her as well." After all, Bobby had practically raised them!
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 04:17 pm

"I would like that. I definitely feel like fleeing from everything for a weekend", Dean sighed. He paused, hesitating. "Could I... do you think I could bring a couple of friends by with me, if I come at the end of this week?" Of course he was thinking about Charlie and Castiel. But he didn't want to say it out loud.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 04:24 pm

Sam was a bit surprised by that offer, yet- Dean had indeed brought Charlie over a few times, to their family gatherings. Maybe he had found himself another best friend now. He was kind of glad for him, and smiled, in the end. "Sure. I'll let you know if Eileen is free as well. Don't hesitate to call me in the meantime if you feel like it, alright?"

And, on his side, as soon as he would see Dean coming back, Castiel would excuse himself and get up to call Balthazar. At least to tell him about the clues they would try to get for him and Dean's lawyers.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 04:47 pm

Dean thanked his brother, feeling better now that he had talked to him to be honest. He hung up with the promise of hearing back to plan everything out better and then headed back in, to sit down with Charlie.

Balthazar excused himself from his reunion with Selena and the head executives of the recording company when he saw his little brother was the one calling him, and picked up the call as soon as he was out of the door. "Cas, there you are. Is everything alright?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 05:16 pm

Charlie smiled at Dean, and quickly eyed Castiel from afar. "So. I guess I underestimated Cas' crush for you" she commented with a kind smile. "He even told me he's going to try his best to go back being your personal photographer."

"Yes," Castiel replied right away. "I couldn't call you before, I was having lunch with Charlie and- Dean. We're still at his hotel, and we'll try to get the recordings of last night as evidence of his alibi." He sounded a bit nervous about it, though.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 05:32 pm

Dean beamed. "Really? Ah - I'm glad to hear that", he commented, trying his best to look less enthusiastic. "I hope Selena will give him back his place", he added, clearing his throat a bit. "He is very good at what he does. I'm almost sure she will say yes." Well, he had pleaded her to try and get him back too. Maybe that would have helped.

Balthazar sighed, pinching his nose. "Well, good to know something can help us. The man pressing charges is definitely intending on either taking this to a tribunal or asking for an astronomical refund. We can't allow either of that to happen. But we are in contact with a very known lawyer, and if we have any proofs that can help us, he'll surely manage to get us out of troubles." He tilted his head, hit by a sudden thought. "You're sure everything is alright, yes?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 05:56 pm

Charlie couldn't hold back a smile. "Sooo you like it when he orders you around, corrects your poses and gets you to look hotter than usual? Didn't think it was your type," she gently teased him.

"Yes," Castiel replied mechanically this time. "Balthazar, regarding those... Evidence," he said a bit hesitantly. "Before you discover them on the tape, I want you to know that... I was with Dean last night, as I said." He cleared his throat. "I'm probably kissing him on most of the footage," he added, his voice low. He was quite embarrassed.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 06:03 pm

Dean flushed. "Shut up", he replied fastidiously, elbowing Charlie in her side. He was trying hard to hold back a smile, though. "Well, you know - he has a certain drive, when we work. And I kind of enjoy the fire he gets in him when he gets mad. But it's not about that, or the fact that he is pretty handsome. Well. It's also about that. But he is other things, too. He's smart, he is sweet. All that stuff." He felt embarrassed, talking about it.

From the silence that followed that revelation, Castiel would maybe think the call had been shut off. A whole minute dragged on before Balthazar managed to take in a sharp intake of breath and go "Pardon?" about it. "You- the two of you have a thing going on? And you made out in public places?" He breathed in again. "I am offended you never spoke about it with me." He seemed frankly more excited than upset, but details.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 06:19 pm

Charlie smiled fondly at Dean. "I'm glad you're the one with whom Cas decided to give relationships another chance." She sighed. "He'll trust you fast, Dean. Don't mess that part up, and you two will be fine together."

Castiel swallowed, hard, and started at the plant in front of him as if it was prompting him the words to say right now. He had always dreaded talking about... relationship implications to Balthazar. "We. Actually only agreed on dating this morning. Yesterday night wasn't planned." Sometimes, he was too honest for his own good.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 06:33 pm

Dean frowned slightly. "He had bad experiences?", he asked, remembering the strange take their conversation had taken earlier that morning. "He seemed to be a bit underwhelmed about me not wishing to make it public. At least before I explained that it had already happened in case of official relationships - remember that story with Lisa?"

"Yesterday night?" At least Balthazar wasn't one who screamed, but his voice had assumed that precise shade it took when he was extremely interested. "Oh my God. You two really hit it off, didn't you. So all that dislike I sensed was all scene? You worked with him just because you really wanted a piece of that ass? I mean - not that I can blame you. He does have a really nice ass."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 06:44 pm

Charlie sighed deeply. "Oh god, Lisa. I'm still sorry about what you had to go through, Dean." She gently patted his arm, and frowned slightly. "... Cas only has one ex. But- the guy had forced him not to tell anyone they were dating. Makes sense, when you know the douchebag failed to mention he had a wife and kids."

Castiel was staring at that plant really hard, by now. "Balthazar," he sighed, a bit overwhelmed by his brother's comments. "I know I've been in a foul mood lately, but it wasn't-" He paused. No, it definitely had been about Dean. "Alright, I was into him from the very beginning," he admitted reluctantly. "But that's not why I talked to you about last night."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 08:09 pm

Dean forced a smile. "Well, it wasn't anybody's fault. I can't blame her for wanting to quit, and she didn't blame me for not making our story public. I was thinking of my career, still am, and she wanted a family. We were young, now she has a son. I'm glad she is happy." He cut that topic quickly. Thinking about his relationship with Lisa still kind of hurt him. And besides, what Charlie had said afterwards made him let out the most outraged sound he had ever made. "He was what? What kind of bastard does that to his own family and to another person! Sick fucker- How did Cas find out?"

Balthazar nodded to himself, trying to put his own curiosity and childish glee on the side. "I know, I'm sorry. It's because you know I would have seen the footage along with the lawyers, right? Don't worry. I'll make sure it won't get out of the office where us and the other man plus his lawyers will envision it. And if you don't want us to use it, just say the word. We can try to work out something only basing it over your witnessing." Even though they still would have to make sure that every recording of that would end up in their hands.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/04/19, 08:54 pm

Charlie still had patted Dean's arm gently, upon hearing his feelings about Lisa's story. Then, she sighed again. "At some point he couldn't take it anymore, and vented to me about how much he loved the guy, and about how much it pained him not to be able to go out in public more because his family was too bigoted or some shit. I found it fishy, so I- hacked into his everything." She cleared her throat. "The hardest wasn't to tell Cas, but to see how much it wrecked him."

Castiel remained silent for a little bit. "As long as it doesn't go live to the public, it's alright," he replied a bit hesitantly. "It's best if people don't know about Dean and me, both for his image and his safety, right? Besides- We've just started dating. I don't know how long this might last." Well. His previous relationship surely had taught him that being loved back wasn't a given.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/04/19, 09:23 pm

Dean pressed his lips into a tight, nervous line. "Had I been you I would have gone straight to the bastard's wife and told her about it all", he said grimly. "It's not fair that all Cas got out of this was a bruised ego and a broken heart while he still got to go back to his family as if nothing had happened!"

"Sure. Don't worry, we want to keep your privacy well sealed. It will never go out to the public." Balthazar's voice was calm and he sounded sure of himself. He knew how to do his job, and he would have done everything to keep his brother safe. He hesitated, though. Should he tell Castiel about what happened with Lisa? "The reason for which Dean's relationships have to be kept secret is also for... well. For his partner's safety."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next