-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

02 - Not the devil you know

2 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

02 - Not the devil you know - Page 19 Empty Re: 02 - Not the devil you know

Post by Mary 03/05/19, 11:47 pm

Raphael sighed. "I don't want to sound like I'm whining," he replied at first, but then paused to look for words. "Let's say our investors are going more and more greedy over the years. They don't care about results, reputation, or simply how loved one of our artists is. All I have to make sure of is that this business brings them money, nothing more. It's a lot of pressure for not thankfulness at all." He looked right at Selena. "I've been shaped to think in numbers. You haven't. So I suppose our points of view diverge a lot." He looked down again. He mostly seemed like someone who couldn't see beyond the pressure he was being given everyday. He could have actually held this position in any company; whether they promoted artists' songs, sold soap or else, it didn't seem to even affect him anymore.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 04/05/19, 12:11 am

Selena seemed to think about it a lot before giving an answer to that. She stared at Raphael, pondering. "You know how many times I've been called over by the bosses to get reproached about not thinking in a business-like way? Tons. Do you know why I am still here?" She smirked. "Because I know I am one of the best. And I show it. I threaten to leave every month. And they scattle away like fearful rats, because they know that with a puppet that only does what they allow they'd never make even half the profit they are making." She rested her chin in her hand. "You are at the head of your department, that means you are capable and valued. You have an iron-like self control... well, if not faced with me. Just glare at them. And tell them that if they dont like how you do your job, you can always leave. Step up. Be passionate, but cold."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 04/05/19, 11:09 am

Raphael squinted a bit. He seemed like he wanted to believe Selena, yet at the same time, something bugged him. "Being unique, and standing up for your values is your job," he answered. And maybe that was why he had always been a dick to Selena: he envied her, a whole lot. But her last words seemed to get through him. "But I suppose I could try that, yes." He looked back up at her, and cleared his throat when he noticed the waiter was walking around them, and he still hadn't picked a menu yet. "I, uh. Don't know anything about thai food. Any suggestions?" It was a clear awkward attempt at changing the subject, too.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 04/05/19, 12:09 pm

"Not so much. My job, like yours, is to bring money to the company I work for. If I were just unique and full of ideas, I wouldn't be employed", Selena curtly answered, before picking up the menu. "Do you trust me enough to order for you?" That was something that, if a man had tried to do for her, she would have killed him on the spot - but she was special. She could do that.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 04/05/19, 12:17 pm

Raphael hesitated just for a bit, and nodded. "I suppose I do," he eventually answered her.
He didn't regret his choice, and would definitely tell her about it later on, when his dish was served to him. He still seemed awkward around Selena, because this was all new to him, but he had opened up to her more than once through that evening, in a way. But their dinner soon came to an end. He walked her back to his car - offering his arm to her in the process, since he had learnt she expected that of him - and opened the passenger door for her, before he paused. "Do you usually come to work by car and should I drive you back there, or somewhere else?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 04/05/19, 12:50 pm

Selena had been surprised - positively - by how smoothly the evening had gone after her first reproaches. Raphael had shown himself to be a fast learner, and even if still awkward, an interesting man. She had opened up herself during the evening, revealing some glimpses behind the cold façade she usually wore. She paused next to the car door, thinking about it. "My car is being fixed in these days. I came with a cab this morning", she answered in the end, glancing at Raphael. "You will have to take me home."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 04/05/19, 01:01 pm

Raphael nodded. He stayed there until she sat in her seat, and finally took his place behind the wheel once more. "Alright. What's the address?" He programmed it onto his GPS when she gave it to him, before he paused. "... You don't live far from my place, actually. I could drive you to work until your car is fixed, should you feel like it."
He cleared his throat. "That is, if tonight was decent enough to you."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 04/05/19, 01:11 pm

Selena hid a smile. "That's a nice thought. I'll allow you", she answered, graciously accepting the offer. "This evening has been decent enough to me, yes. But you will have to step it up a little bit, the next time." She fastened her seat belt, mindlessly adjusting her hair.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 04/05/19, 02:12 pm

Raphael smiled to himself, and started his car, to drive Selena home. "I definitely won't just ask you out on an impulse, if you grant me the chance of a 'next time'." He pressed his lips together. "Had I known you would accept my offer for tonight, I might have tried to get properly informed before making a fool of myself."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 04/05/19, 02:55 pm

"We'll see. It will depend on how you ask me", Selena answered enigmatically. "I don't mind impulses, if they give you enough courage to go for it." She glanced at Raphael, questioningly. "What do you mean with 'properly informed'. Would you have asked for pointers?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 04/05/19, 03:39 pm

"... Maybe," Raphael replied, a bit uneasy. Which stood for a definite 'yes'. "My knowledge in the matter quite limited," he admitted. "Which you definitely noticed." He hesitated a bit, before he added, "But I enjoyed that evening with you."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 04/05/19, 03:43 pm

Selena smiled at him. It wasn't a smirk, or a sarcastic grin. Just a smile. "I enjoyed it too." She felt glad that Raphael was actually so sincere about what he thought. She did appreciate that quality in him, even on the workplace.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 04/05/19, 03:46 pm

Raphael glanced at Selena and smiled a bit awkwardly back at her. He didn't say much during the rest of the ride, which wasn't that long. Soon enough, he parked in front of her house, got out of the car, and opened the passenger door for her.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 04/05/19, 03:55 pm

Selena stepped out of the car, thanking Raphael with a nod. She looked up briefly at the palace, and turned to him again. "This has been interesting. Thank you for the night." She paused and then leaned in to kiss him, just at the corner of his lip. Well, it was the first date. Let's not overdo it. When she backed off, she was smirking, and she waved goodbye at him before turning around and walk away.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 04/05/19, 04:05 pm

Raphael just stood there at first, a bit startled by that farewell kiss. He cleared his throat, though, and called out to her, to briefly ask her at what time he should pick her up for work on the next day.
Then he smiled to himself and climbed back into his own car, to get back to his place.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19