-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

3 - Why did you disappear in thin air?

2 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

3 - Why did you disappear in thin air? Empty 3 - Why did you disappear in thin air?

Post by Gravirei 08/01/19, 10:06 pm

Some years passed, from that fateful night. And in 'some years', a lot of things actually happened.
For starters, it had been at least three years since Castiel and Dean had last heard from each other. Why, you may ask? Well. At first, keeping up with chatting and skyping had proven to be almost too easy and good to be real; every night, the two would hear from each other, laugh at stupid jokes, talk about their days and struggles with University and with Dean's newfound job at Singer's Garage. But after a while, things had started to get a bit... dreary. Mostly on Dean's side, maybe, to be honest. When topics started to seem a bit stale to him he would bring up the latest girlfriend he had - bragging about it, and telling a bit too many details to be just polite conversation.
Castiel didn't really enjoy those conversations, and he had told Dean some times already, but to no avail. Their messages started to get more and more scarce and, one night, when Dean had drunkenly brought up Castiel's virginity and laughed about it, had drawn a tight line.
They had stopped talking. Castiel had stopped writing, and Dean, feeling guilty but being the stubborn idiot he was known to be, hadn't tried to call back.
"SAM! Can you pass over that thing over there? I need it to fix the engine!" Dean yelled from under one of the cars currently parked in the garage.

Unknowingly to everyone, someone else's car might have been in need of some repairing. "-I'm sorry Cas, it seems like this really needs some fixing." Chuck threw a sorry glance to his son, that would have maybe been late for something important. "Did you need to go anywhere? We can use my car, and I can ask one of your brothers to bring yours to a garage!"

On the other side, after a couple of weeks of dates and fun where everything had been going more than alright, Balthazar had completely disappeared from the radar. He didn't answer calls, messages. Nobody seemed to know his whereabouts. At home, nobody had any idea of where he was. It was a mystery. And quite the upsetting one.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

3 - Why did you disappear in thin air? Empty Re: 3 - Why did you disappear in thin air?

Post by Mat 08/01/19, 10:24 pm

"Dean, I'm here to study, not to help you when you forget to bring an essential... tool of yours" Sam grumbled, yet complying to his brother's ask.

Castiel sighed and looked at his old car. Well he couldn't afford yet to buy a new one. He had a loan for his studies, and was just starting to pay it. "You mean one of the remainings will be willingly helping me? I don't think so. I will bring it myself and tell my colleague I'll be late for the conference. I'm just here to listen anyway"

Indeed, Kalyan had been quite upset about it. Well. Furious would be the word. He knew Balthazar had not blacklisted him. He had not tried to get rid of him to go out with other people. He really had disappeared from the campus. Without a warning.
All his anger and frustration were used in the right way. He became stronger. He had become insanly famous for his martial arts skills. He had won famous competitions, and won lot of money. And he had decided, with his friend Garoo, to open a bodyguard agency, essentially for rich people

God

https://zaship.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

3 - Why did you disappear in thin air? Empty Re: 3 - Why did you disappear in thin air?

Post by Gravirei 08/01/19, 10:37 pm

Dean threw him a bright and insolent smile. "Aw, c'mon - remember who is also helping with your school, and help me out a bit yourself! What about that?" He grabbed the tool Sam was handing him with a cheerful 'Thank you' and went back to work. He seemed to be way, way happier since their own father was not around anymore. "What are you studying, by the way?"

"Are you sure? I could take you to your conference, and then I'd bring your car to the mechanic..." Chuck seemed honestly bummed about the idea of his son skipping that event just to do something like that. He really wanted to be helpful! And he was worried!

And soon enough, somebody had called to request a stable bodyguard for someone who was apparently very rich indeed, and quite well known in finances and business. The man had preferred to keep his privacy and had left no actual name; his secretary had required maximum discretion, and had given to Kalyan's agency a place and an hour where to meet with the client. They had even accepted to pay in advance, so they could make sure it wasn't a scam!

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 08/01/19, 10:51 pm

"You're not really interested by it" Sam sighed but smiled a bit though. "So, and you? What's new? And don't say to me you have another new girlfriend, please"

"There is a garage not so far away. I can bring the car here and you'll fetch me here?" Cass said, looking at his dad with a bit of hope. "If it doesn't bother you"

Garoo was a bit sceptical about it, to be honest. But Kalyan really didn't care the slightest. He had weird clients anyway, and some way weirdest than that. So he went to the meeting, his friend waiting for him in his car. Just in case, though, he brought with him his katana.
In just some years, life had been pretty generous on Kalyan's body. He had lost the last "feminine" traits he had had before, looking more manly and stern than before. But he also had a scar crossing one of his eyes, and the color was a bit fading away, like hidden by a very light white veil.

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/01/19, 11:06 pm

Dean laughed, working a bit on the engine of the car before answering properly to his brother. "Nah. Not really. I just had some flirts lately, but no one I could call 'girlfriend'. It's sad, but I don't think I have the time right now - I mean, old Bobby is bed-ridden with a flu and I have all the garage to myself, see?" He stopped and stared at Sam meaningfully, arching a brow. "And you?"

"It doesn't bother me", Chuck reassured Castiel with a smile. He was happy to be able to be a father. And he needed that feeling. Ever since he had finally asked for that divorce. "You'll call when I can come and fetch you, or you'd rather me follow you?"

The appointment was in a bar, a public place, to make everyone comfortable. If Kalyan, once inside, decided to look around a bit, his gaze would have probably met a pair of blue eyes looking at him. Said blue eyes belonged to a face he could well recognize if he had a good memory - even though Balthazar had changed quite a bit during those years as well. He had grown a bit more muscular, and he had lost that late-boyish charm he had when he was still in the campus, becoming a fully grown man and grown a bit of stubble. He was dressed on point, like always, but a bit more carefully. He did have the same smile, though, and the same glint in his eyes when he recognized Kalyan.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 09/01/19, 06:41 pm

"...What, me? You know my girlfriend" Sam said, looking a bit away. Nervous. Because he worked hard when he could, for his special project, and was almost ready to do it

"Can you come to fetch me in half an hour?" Cass asked, reassured. "I will have time to explain the problem and leave the car to them, that way. And my mind will be free for the rest of the day"

Kalyan did meet that gaze, and did not stop on it. He was on professional mode, still scanning the room. Welp. He had NO idea how to recognize his client, in fact!

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/01/19, 07:33 pm

Dean held back a smile, and briefly put down his tool to reach for a small bottle of water and drink a bit from it. "Of course I know her, you nerd", he huffed with a smile. "I was just asking how's it going. If there are any, you know, news. Something!" Truth be told, he suspected there was something his brother was not telling him!

"Sure, I'll do that then." Chuck smiled at him. "I'll come fetch you by that time. Now go, or you will be late!"

Since Kalyan was - rightfully - confused, Balthazar decided to call on all his courage and get up from his seat, to walk up to him. Even though the sight of the katana scared him a bit. After all, he had disappeared for whole years: whatever good reason he had (and he did have lots of good reason for never answering any call) probably wouldn't have saved him from a punch or something close to that. He carefully walked up to the other man, and smiled at him. "Kalyan?", he called him, trying to get his attention.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 09/01/19, 08:36 pm

"Nope, not at all" Sam asked too quickly to be honest. "Hey I think someone is coming! Should I check it or you're willing to show yourself for once?"

Castiel did leave his father to bring his car to the mechanic. He just had time to park before the engine died for good. He sighed and went out of the car to look at it, a bit sorry

Kalyan turned his head to judge the impudent who dared to call him out of the blue. He didn't know yet why the sound of this voice made him that angry. ".... Yes?" The tone was cold. And he seemed so calm it was almost scary. But you could guess at the glitter in his eye - the good one - that he had recognized him. The one who had betrayed him beyond measures.

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/01/19, 08:56 pm

Dean rolled his eyes, very theatrically, and got up from his hunched position next to the car he had been working on. "Fine, fine", he huffed, cleaning his hands with an already dirty towel. "You're too busy with your whatever-that-is you're studying to go out yourself. But this is not over!", he added, throwing the oily cloth to Sam before swiftly escaping with a grin on his face. He peeked out, to see who was there, and saw a man standing next to a car. Judging by the smoke coming up from the engine, there was a biiig problem going down. "Hey", he called out to the owner. "I think you'd better step away from that - that smoke won't do you any good!"

Balthazar's smile faltered a bit - he hadn't noticed the glint of recognizal in Kalyan's eye, and had mistaken his coldness for something else. Maybe the other man didn't remember him in fact. "Uhm... look who managed to get back to this country", he said, a bit hesitantly this time, but still smiling and making a slight gesture, as if to say 'ta-dah'. Then he got serious. Something rare, to see that expression on his face. "I... I came here because I think I owe you some explanations. If you're willing to listen..." He paused. "And if you remember me."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 09/01/19, 09:16 pm

"I know" Castiel sighed and stepped back, glancing at the man. And he froze. Because... he would never forget about that man, even if he changed those last years. Even if he became sexier. Manlier. So much more attractive

Kalyan frowned, and looked around. Too many people here, he couldn't murder Balthazar and get away without getting worried. Probably the reason why he had chosen this place. "You owe me more than some explanations" He finally managed to say calmly or almost. "You betrayed me."

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/01/19, 09:46 pm

Dean, on the other hand, didn't recognize the other man right away. Sure, he distractedly thought that he was rather handsome, and familiar - but it was only when he had stepped closer, and said something close to "I think the one who installed that engine knew nothing about this model of car" that something clicked in his brain. His eyes widened. "... wait... are you..." He squinted a bit. And an incredulous chuckle escaped from his lips. "... Castiel?" Wow. He had been right in highschool - the guy had become really a hot piece of ass. ... he hadn't just thought that I swear!

Balthazar seemed suddenly uneasy. He looked down at his own hands. "You're right. And you have all the rights to be angry, and to wish not to see me ever again, or punch my face, but... please. I want to explain, and... and that's why I got an appointment with you, too. So I could have a chance to finally talk to you. And I do need a bodyguard anyway, so I thought, why not get the best I know?" He smiled again at Kalyan. but one could tell he wasn't happy.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 09/01/19, 10:19 pm

Cass didn't seem really happy, even a bit exasperated for now. Well they did not part on good terms! And besides, Dean didn't recognize him right away - that was a bit upsetting! "Yes. Dean. Hello. I did not know you were working here"

Kalyan clicked his tongue, swallowing back an insult. Ok, this guy was still a customer, and Garoo would be mad if they'd miss a good occasion to make money. "Why do you need a bodyguard?" He asked sharply. He didn't want to talk about something else, not with all those people around

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/01/19, 10:51 pm

"I... well, this is the place I trained in while I was in highschool", Dean explained, not really knowing why he felt honestly glad about meeting the other man. He remembered not parting on good terms... then why was he smiling! "The man who owns this place is basically my father." He hesitated, looking around a bit. "So... how have you been?", he asked a bit awkwardly.

Balthazar sighed. It was clear that Kalyan didn't want to talk to him, outside work. "... I've been threathened. Various times", he said. "I reached a certain kind of wealth, and that puts me in a great deal of danger. I wasn't safe in France, and I am even less safe here apparently. That's why I need a bodyguard."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 10/01/19, 08:46 pm

"I don't really have the time for a chat" Castiel answered, glancing at his watch. "I need to be somewhere soon and my dad is coming to pick me up." And if he had a choice, he would have chosen another garage, but now he was a bit stuck. "Can I... leave my car? Do I need to pay before?"

"And you decided the best place to meet is a crowded bar?" Kalyan grumbled, crossing his arms. He didn't like crowded places, and this one could have been full of threats. "What kind of danger"

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/01/19, 09:34 pm

"You don't need to pay before, no", Dean answered. "I'll just need your contact info, and some papers about your car maintenance. I guess you've got those with you, right?" He made a gesture, inviting him to come into the garage. "It won't take long. Since you are in such a rush, I'll make it quick." He wanted to add 'and since you clearly don't want to speak to me still', but he decided to leave it there. Even though he did look more grumpy now.

"I decided that because nobody wants to meet a stranger in a place where you are alone", Balthazar answered, crossing his arms. "Especially seen as I did think you could decide to stick the pointy end of your katana right into my head, without witnesses." He offered him a bitter smile. Then he sighed. "I've been threatened, repeatedly. Letters, emails. I ignored it at first - but some months ago, the break ins started." He hesitated. "My apartment's door has been forced open. My possessions ruinded. More threatening messages, but on my walls this time, on my pictures and paintings. Two days ago, my secretary resigned, and she didn't want to tell me why - but I am positive she has been menaced as well." He looked up at Kalyan. "I think it's just a matter of time before these aggressions become physical, judging by the last letter I received. That's why I need protection." He offered an envelope to Kalyan. "If you want to look."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 10/01/19, 09:55 pm

Castiel followed him obendiently. Yet he stopped when he saw Sam, who came to them with a big smile on his lips.
"Cass! You should have warned you would be back in town!" He said, greeting the doctor.
"Well it was decided in a rush" Castiel answered to him. "I was going to send you a message tonight, in fact"

Kalyan took the letter and gave it a look, yet thinking about what Balthazar just said to him. "...Ruined, not stole. Threats. Looks like someone is holding a personal grudge against you"

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/01/19, 10:17 pm

Dean proceeded towards the small desk that was placed against one of the walls, and foshed around for some papers Castiel had to sign to leave his car there. He was frowning even more now. That's right, Sam and Cass probably still messaged each other. He had never really asked, and he didn't know why that surprised him - nor he did really understand why it was annoying him so much to think that.

"I thought that as well", Balthazar murmured. He looked around. If at first he could have seemed the usual, old, carefree Balthazar, but to a second glance, he looked just plain tired. Almost older than his age, if we have to be honest. He probably hadn't been sleeping well (or a lot) for some weeks now.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 10/01/19, 10:23 pm

Castiel and Sam talked a bit on the side. Then, when the first was busy to write, Sam went to his brother and whispered to him. "Now, you'll talk to him and you'll apologize. Ok?"

Kalyan did notice it. He would have felt sorry... if he was not so angry after Balthazar. Yet he was a client, and he was responsible for him. "Ok. For now, you'll come with me to my place. You'll sleep there tonight"

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/01/19, 10:47 pm

Dean - who was reading the car papers - glanced up at his brother, and threw him an annoyed glare. "Oh, sure. Listen, he even told me he doesn't want to talk - maybe he wouldn't give a shit about my apologies." He looked at the papers again, frowning. "I'm sure he wouldn't. And how to blame him, I've been a complete asshole. I wouldn't want to listen to myself either!"

Balthazar blinked. "Oh. Well, alright, but I'd need to fetch some things at my place." He hesitated again. "Could you bring me there, before?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 12/01/19, 11:02 am

"He cannot talk to you 'cause he is busy now, Dean" Sam sighed at his brother's stubbornness. "He is a doctor, now, you knew that? And he is in town for a meeting"

"That is part of the job" Kalyan answered briefly, gesturing him to follow him. "Let's go to my car"

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/01/19, 02:38 pm

Dean hesitated, and threw a single glance to Castiel. "Should I talk to him now, or try to call him tonight?", he asked doubtfully in a murmur, turning immediately away. "If he has no time to talk now, maybe he won't listen to my apologies. And to have a chance that he forgives me, I want him to listen." He seemed to frown again for a second. "What do you suggest, Sam? C'mon you're the expert in being personable", he asked then, almost pleadingly.

Balthazar shrugged to himself and sinply followed Kalyan outside, after leaving some money for the food he had while staying. He seemed a bit more quiet now, maybe resigned to some degree. Well, he hadn't certainly expected Kalyan to greet him back with a smile and open arms, but still. He had thought about him so much, while he was away!

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 12/01/19, 02:46 pm

"You're the expert of taking a beer just after work, right?" Sam smiled at him. "Just tell him to come at the end of the shift for the car. Then you share a beer with him"

Kalyan was not the extrovert type, to be honest. He did not know how to deal with people when work was not involved. Balthazar would have the difficult task to be a bit more pushy for sure.
But for now, Kalyan invited him to come in the car. He had the kind idea to open the door for his client. "Where do we go now?"

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/01/19, 03:09 pm

"... I could do that, yeah", Dean mused. He finally pulled a small smile. "Yeah, alright. Thanks Sam", he exclaimed, patting his brother's back and walking towards Cas. "So, I have to take a look to understand what happened", he started, when he was sure the other man had finished signing and reading all the papers. "I suggest you to come over towards seven this evening. So you can check on it." Yeah, Sam was good at being personable, but Dean was good at being casual!

To his credit, Balthazar had not being sleeping lately - and he had literally arrived that night from France. Jetlag was killing him, and he was sure he was looking terrifying right then - the SHAME, being seen around when he was less than perfect! He gave Kalyan the address, and peeked in the front seats, seeing someone else being there too. He smiled and waved his hand.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat 12/01/19, 03:18 pm

Castiel nodded and stood up. "Thanks, I will be back this evening." He hesitated a bit, though, before going. He glanced at Dean after looking around. "Well I do know you are very good at fixing cars. So I trust you"

"Hello" Garoo smiled back at him and even shook his hand. "So you are our mysterious client. Well if I was one of the most famous businessmen nowadays, I would be careful too." Garoo was not only a pretty face. He was very clever and knew lot of stuff

God

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 12/01/19, 03:30 pm

"Oh, I got even better than 'very good'. I'm the best you can find for miles around!", Dean commented with a large smile, puffing his chest. He was rather proud of his ability. Even Bobby always complimented him. ... well, in his own particular way.

Balthazar let out a small laugh, but he answered without any embarrassment. "I'm surprised you know about that. People who aren't paying attention to Finances, or to magazines talking about that, usually don't really recognize me at first sight", he commented, shaking Garoo's hand. "Are you two working in the same agency?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum