399 € 649 €
Voir le deal

Not-so-secrets

2 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Not-so-secrets - Page 8 Empty Re: Not-so-secrets

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 10:36 pm

Nadia squinted at the figure Sakrish was pointing at, gracefully dismounting from her horse. From that far away, she could recognize him well. "Sure. Lead us", she answered.

Horknath was training on his own, to let out some nervousness. He was basically just back from a trip with Lord Sakrish, one week away from the palace, and he still hadn't seen Carleen. He swinged his axe against a training dummy, maybe a bit harder than necessary.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 10:46 pm

"Look at him, we just came home from a sale and he's already training again," Sakrish said with a smile. "Horknath! Would you mind joining me? I'd like to introduce you."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 10:50 pm

Horknath turned around, wiping away some sweat from his face. Nadia met his gaze. Both widened their eyes. "Horknath? Is that you?", she exclaimed, sincerely surprised. "Inquisitor?", he answered in kind, letting go of his axe. He planted it near the training dummy, walking up to their group.
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 11:01 pm

"... Oh. So you've met already," Sakrish said, crossing his arms. He was smiling, still. "In the North, I presume?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 11:08 pm

Nadia nodded, smiling. "Yes. He and a couple others helped me in a very delicate mission." She quickly summed up the story as Horknath just stood there, a bit awkwardly. He was never at ease among powerful people. Especially as two of them were women!

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 11:15 pm

Sakrish laughed kindly. "Is that so! Well. In that case, Horknath, I have the pleasure of introducing you to my beloved now, Lady Ashanti Trevalyan," he said with a smile, as Ashanti bowed her head to him.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 11:19 pm

Horknath quickly bowed back, deeply. "It's an honour, Milady", he said gruffly. So the Inquisitor was related to Carleen's mother! How little was the world, truly.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 11:25 pm

Sakrish smiled widely, and babbled a bit about his recent sales, when they were interrupted by the sound of horses coming near. Soon enough, Carleen appeared near them, and was overwhelmed by the sight of Horknath, her father - which reminded her not to rush to Horknath's side - her aunt, and then her mother ! She was left speechless for a few seconds, before she rushed to Ashanti for a tight embrace. Not far behind her, Yvan waved at Horknath, smiling widely.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 11:31 pm

Horknath smiled widely too, happily greeting his friend. Forcing himself not to run to Carleen had required a great deal of strenght. Was it him, or was she growing more and more radiant everyday that passed? "Yvan! It's good to see you! Lady Carleen", he gently greeted her with a bow, before rushing to his friend.

Nadia waited for her turn to warmly greet her niece, almost moved at seeing just how much she grew up!

Last edited by Gravirei on 09/12/17, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 11:40 pm

Carleen then went to hug Nadia tightly, trying to hide the fact that she also felt a pain in her chest knowing that Horknath and her would have to wait for their reunion! But still, she was happy to see her family.

"So, how was your trip?" Yvan asked Horknath, still smiling. "Are you holding up? ~"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 11:47 pm

Nadia literally submerged her niece with questions. "Gods, you've grown up so much, you make me feel old", she joked, all moved.

Horknath smiled. "I guess so. The trip has left me a bit worn out", he confessed. "What about you? How are you doing? How is the leg?", he asked, patting his shoulder.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/12/17, 11:05 am

Carleen laughed kindly. "Well, I'm in my twenties now, aunt Nadia. I'm not a child anymore," she told her with a fond smile. "But you still look young, don't worry."

Yvan winced a bit - Horknath's pats were still a bit too strong on him, sending the shockwave right into his knee. "I. Erh. Still fragile. Well, my muscles still need to grow back now, you know. And... wait, is that the Inquisitor over there?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/12/17, 11:47 am

Nadia laughed. "I can see that, sweetie! Oh, I brought some nice clothes in the fashion of the North for you", she said, picking up a nice bag. "And a sword", she added with a smile, pointing to the one she had at her side.

Horknath guiltly retracted his hand. "I see. Sorry 'bout that." He quickly glanced back. "Oh, yeah! She just arrived here. She's Carleen's aunt, sister to her mother", he explained. "The world sure's little, huh?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/12/17, 12:00 pm

Carleen chuckled kindly. "That's so nice of you, Nadia. But you must be exhausted! We should get you rid of your travelling gears, and then sit down to talk," she said happily, as she dragged both her aunt and her mother after her, to take them to their rooms.

"... indeed," Yvan replied with a smile, as he elbowed Hokrnath's side. "Wasn't it too awkward for you?," he added in a whisper, playfully.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/12/17, 12:36 pm

Nadia gladly let Carleen drag her away, exchanging a smile with Ashanti.

Horknath flushed. "Yeah. As awkward as passing an entire week with her father, who is absolutely convinced you and his daughter are a thing", he grumbled, embarrassed.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/12/17, 12:56 pm

Ashanti smiled back to Nadia, and exchanged a few words with Carleen, listening to some of the things that had happened since she had last visited them.

"Eh. Sorry," Yvan sighed. "I guess I should try to talk to him about all this arrangement thing. I mean, I'm not supposed to know he wants me as his son-in-law, but he's getting a bit too obvious."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/12/17, 01:03 pm

Nadia was all too happy to be with her family reunited once again, and mostly listened to them.

Horknath arched a brow. "For example?", he asked. And then he smiled at him. "And, how is it going with Delilah instead? Are you two serious or?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/12/17, 01:07 pm

Yvan licked his lower lip, hiding a smile. "Things are going... Smoothly. Really smoothly," he said, as he glanced to Delilah with fondness.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/12/17, 01:13 pm

Delilah, not much far away, looked back at him. She held back a smile, biting her lower lip, and waved at him before turning again to talk with two servants.

Horknath smiled. "I'm happy for you. It seems like we all found someone special in this place, doesn't it?" He sighed, thinking about Carleen. He couldn't honestly wait to hold her again.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/12/17, 01:18 pm

Yvan nodded, then straightened. "Careful, Lord Sakrish is coming," he whispered quickly to him. And Sakrish indeed was walking to meet them, a bright smile to his lips. "Horknath, I would like to have a word with you, if you don't mind."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/12/17, 01:26 pm

Horknath straightened up, clearing his throat. "Oh, of course, my Lord", he answered politely. He exchanged a glance with Yvan, wondering what Lord Sakrish needed to talk about with him. "I'll see you later, Yvan", he greeted his friend. He waited to follow Lord Sakrish away.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/12/17, 01:52 pm

Yvan smiled and nodded, before walking away.
Sakrish patted Horknath's shoulder. "Horknath. I know that you feel really tied to your group of friends, but you truly are a strong, reliable warrior. I would like to offer you shelter forever if you'd agree to work for me. As in, get one of my warriors."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/12/17, 02:04 pm

Horknath blinked. "Oh. Oh! I... well, you honour me, my Lord", he answered. And he really felt flattered, honestly. "I think I could seriously consider your generous offer", he said, carefully. "But I'd like to talk with my friends, before."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/12/17, 02:10 pm

"I understand," Sakrish replied, beaming. "Oh, and just so you know, Ashanti - my beloved - usually fights against the warriors I want as my officers, to test their worth. If you agree in joining me, you're a perfect candidate to become an officer."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/12/17, 02:25 pm

Horknath smiled. It was difficult not to, when Sakrish was just so enthusiastic about everything! "I am flattered. I would be honoured to duel against Lady Ashanti", he added.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next