Not-so-secrets

2 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Not-so-secrets - Page 7 Empty Re: Not-so-secrets

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 09:29 pm

"Yet I almost never see them," Ashanti sighed. "Maybe I should stay a bit longer this time." Well, if she were being honest, she kind of missed her family. And the last injury she had in battle almost got her killed, so she was having second thoughts about her lifestyle.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 09:38 pm

Nadia had her horse go closer to her, so she could touch her arm in a comforting way. "If you wish to stay more, I will be more than happy to stop here a bit as well, sister. After all, I am not seeing my niece nor my... well, brother-in-law, since a long time either." She had always teased her about not marrying Sakrish, even though she knew they didn't need a ceremony to celebrate their love. "You know I will support your choice fully, as always."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 09:48 pm

Ashanti smiled. "Won't your people be missing you in the North, Inquisitor Trevalyan?" she teased her kindly. Truth was, she truly appreciated her support.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 09:56 pm

Nadia smiled. "It's about time I think about myself a little bit", she answered, arching a brow. "And I believe my men will be able to babysit themselves for some time. I left precise orders", she added with a grin.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 09:58 pm

Ashanti nodded. "So it's not as if you let them fully unattended either," she teased her. And then she couldn't help the sigh that escaped her lips when they came close to Sakrish's domain. A few servants had spotted them from uphill, and ran to warn their master about her homecoming.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 10:02 pm

Nadia chuckled. Then she looked at her sister's expression, her smile softening a bit. "Sakrish will be overjoyed to see you back. As much as you will be to be in his arms again", she teased her kindly. "You didn't tell him beforehand that you were going to come?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 10:15 pm

"I never warn him beforehand," Ashanti admitted. "I think I fear the moment he's going to write me back and tell me I'm not welcome anymore." Yet, she couldn't help but smile when she saw a man rushing to them on horseback.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 10:19 pm

Nadia laughed gently. "Forgive my bluntness, but I don't think you have to fear about anything like that happening anytime soon", she said to Ashanti. "Only a man desperately in love makes a horse run like that."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 10:23 pm

Ashanti couldn't help back a soft chuckle. She stopped her own horse, waiting for Sakrish to join them. He caught her hand in his, and they exchanged a long, long look as he kissed her knucles, whispering a few words to her. That's the most affection they had ever allowed themselves in public. Still overwhelmed by the sight of his beloved, Sakrish beamed when he saw Nadia. "You've come too, Nadia. I hope the trip wasn't too tiring. It's good to see you back!"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 10:30 pm

Nadia smiled to Sakrish. "It's good to be back", she answered. "To be fair, the trip was quite long. But it was worth it, I couldnt wait to escape the foul weather of the North", she chuckled. "Have you being doing alright?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 10:34 pm

"I have. Trade's been going on well," Sakrish said, as he now rode between the two of them. "Your horses seem exhausted. I'll make sure they'll get proper care in my stables. Oh, and Carleen will be so delighted to see you!" He was a bit giddy, changing subjects so suddenly.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 10:39 pm

Nadia hummed. "Carleen! It has been so long since I saw her. She's a young woman by now, isn't she?" She smiled. "I brought a couple of gifts for her. And for you, Sakrish, a couple of contacts in the North. They have been showing a great interest towards your trades."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 10:47 pm

"Oh, thank you," Sakrish replied with a smile. "Maybe I'll go trade this far North then. But yes, Carleen is in her twenties now," he sighed. "Time does fly, doesn't it."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 10:51 pm

"Indeed", Nadia agreed with a nod. "I hope she is still training as hard as she promised me she'd do. I remember her telling me, 'When you'll be back I will be the best warrior of my father's domain'. Headstrong as her mother", she chuckled.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 11:00 pm

"Well, she is actually the head of the guards now," Sakrish replied with a proud smile. "She's the strongest in my domain indeed ~" He smiled to Ashanti, who nodded, appreciatively.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 11:04 pm

Nadia laughed kindly. "I am glad to hear that!" Truth be told, she wasn't surprised. She really was the daughter of Ashanti, after all. Even though they saw each other so little, they shared much. "In her twenties, hm. Being this strong, I bet pretendants are afraid to approach her", she smiled, without maliciousness. Like that, at least, the bad ones would have kept their distance.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 07/12/17, 11:18 pm

Sakrish sighed. "Well. I think they're too scared of her. I'm starting to wonder if she's not sending every single man off. It worries me, to be honest."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 07/12/17, 11:22 pm

Nadia threw him a sorry look. "Don't worry, Sakrish. I am sure she will be fine. The right man will come, when you least expect him to", she sentenced with a smile. "And at least, no ill-intentioned men are approaching her either."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 09:26 pm

Sakrish sighed. "There's that, yes... Oh, since you two are there, there's one man I need you to evaluate," he said, smiling widely. He was always asking either Ashinta or Nadia to compete against the men he intended to hire, to make sure they were worthy warriors.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 09:29 pm

Nadia arched a brow. "Oh? You're thinking about hiring a new warrior to add to your ranks?", she asked, interested. Sakrish had always had a good nose for good warriors.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 10:06 pm

Sakrish nodded. "Actually, he is currently my guest, and member of a small company. But I wish I could find enough to offer him to stay. Well that is, if you deem him worthy too. He's quite strong in my opinion, but I am no warrior," he told them with a smile.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 10:16 pm

Nadia smiled to him. "I'll help you, of course. But if he is a mercenary, I'd trust Ashanti to evaluate him more than me. I am more of an expert with magicians, honestly. I will give a judgement anyway", she added with a nod.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 10:21 pm

"Well, there's a magician here too actually, but I don't know what his worth is in battle," Sakrish said, thinking. "I mean, I've seen him in battle only once, and he seems to hate it."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/12/17, 10:25 pm

"If he hates it, it is probably better not to force him. I know how badly controlled some powers can come out, if used against your own will", Nadia sentenced, patting her horse a bit.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/12/17, 10:31 pm

Sakrish sighed. "True." He came down of his horse when they were near the stables enough, helping Ashanti down too. "Oh, I see the warrior I talked to you about not that far," he said, spotting Horknath. "Shall I introduce you?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next