-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

Spymasters and Inquisition

2 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Spymasters and Inquisition - Page 14 Empty Re: Spymasters and Inquisition

Post by Mary 10/11/17, 10:59 pm

"Don't be too impatient, or people will start suspecting that I'm not actually your date tonight," Ash said, holding back a smirk. He did let go of Nadia's waist at some point though, and grabbed her hand to lay a playful kiss on her knuckle. "Ease up, sunshine ~"

Valdyr snorted. "Alright, but keep your eyes out. We need to spot that elf as soon as she steps into the room."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 10/11/17, 11:17 pm

Nadia rolled her eyes, but allowed him to kiss her hand. "What, do you want us to get in a corner and make out in front of everybody else?" She scoffed. The idea in itself was ridiculous.

"Sir, yes Sir", Horknath saluted as he eased his way towards the banquet. He grabbed a plate, still carefully looking around.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 10/11/17, 11:33 pm

"Please. I need to act like the spoiled brat that I am. I am already almost too scandalous for this Court," Ash humoured her, before he took her back to the Dutchess, to meet with the Duke.

And Valdyr tried the best he could to get food himself, given that he couldn't reach much further than the edge of the table, to his upmost frustration.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 12:33 am

"That, and... well, let's be honest here. I am completely out of your league", Nadia smiled at Ash as she clawed his arm. She bowed her head to the Duke, who had promptly walked towards them. "Your Highness. It's good to see you in person, finally." The man bowed his head to her, his eyes immediately darting to Ash for some reason. "I can say the same. I'm glad we have some celebrities to keep alive this cemetery of a party", he said with a small smile.

Horknath took pity at his friend and passed him over some food. He was right doing that when he noticed Serah - whom had promptly disappeared when the First Dame had come to greet them -, making a gesture for them to join her in a deserted corridor. She seemed quite troubled. He pointed that out to Valdyr.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 03:10 pm

Ash didn't fight back a laugh at that comment. "Oh my, your Highness, that's harsh for the other guests around. Probably including me," he said with still a smile.

"... Well it must be important if she bothers to look for us of all people," Valdyr said to him. He put his food and glass down to lead Horknath towards her through the sea of guests in between.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 03:26 pm

"Oh, you say that as if I care about any of these pompous idiots. They are just here to show themselves to my cousin, like stupid peacocks", the Duke said disdainfully, but keeping his smile on. "But, oh well. We know you both are here to keep an eye on me, if I can be bold and say that." Nadia feigned surprise. "We are merely interested in how the treaty will come out", she answered. The Duke smirked. "I'm just hoping you are... guarding the right people", he murmured.

Serah waited for them to reach her. She looked tense as a coil about to snap. "We might have a problem", she said quickly, looking around. No one had to hear them. Horknath frowned. "Problem? What problem?" Serah tapped her foot nervously, then pulled out something from her pocket. A yellowish, strangely smelly dust. "I found this while patrolling the corridors."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 03:39 pm

"So is there someone in particular you'd wish us to keep an eye on?" Asked Ash, playing the truth card. Hey, that Duke didn't seem so bad to him. He liked straigthforward people.

"... You mean there's another demon than Ash around?" Valdyr whispered, arching a brow. "But why would a demon even come here?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 03:45 pm

Gaspard raised an eyebrow, looking at him. "Ambassador Briala, of course", he said. "She swore revenge in front of the whole court. And I don't have to tell you how harshly the anger of a mistreated woman can burn", he said to Ash with a smile. "Speaking about women, I'd much like to take a dance with you, Inquisitor", he added, bowing to her. Nadia instictively retreated against Ash's arm. She didn't like that man, not one bit.

"From the quantity I found, at least three or four", Serah confirmed. "I am not surprised there are demons around", Horknath suddenly observed. "With a whole kingdom at stake, it's probable that someone of the contestants decided to cheat and call for a little... help."

Last edited by Gravirei on 11/11/17, 03:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 03:53 pm

"Ah, I'm sorry your Majesty," Ash replied with a cocky grin. "I'm a generous man, but not when it comes to a dance with my beloved. You'd have to cross over my dead body for that." In te meantime, Ash was studying Gaspard quite closely, feeling maybe that he was somewhat familiar.

"Great," Valdyr sighed. "... Hold on can demons maybe detect each other?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 04:01 pm

"A great shame. But I can understand why you'd want to keep her all for yourself", Gaspard said with a smirk. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I will go steal some of those tarts at the banquet." He bowed to them one last time and then walked off. Nadia squinted her eyes. "That man has something strange on him."

"Duh, of course they can", Serah spat irritably. "Why do you think we wanted one with us?" She stopped, taking a deep breath. "Sorry. I'm... this ambiance puts me off", she confessed. "All the elves I saw until now were servants, and a strange one who disappeared fast in the corridors. I don't feel welcome, here." Horknath nodded. He could understand- wait, one disappearing in the corridor?

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 04:17 pm

"Yes, that's called a meat suit," Ash replied, narrowing his eyes. "I think he spotted me."

"... Hold on, that might be the spymaster. Where did she disappear?!" Valdyr snapped, making still an effort to keep his voice low.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 04:26 pm

Nadia took a deep breath, guiding Ash away from the place they'd been standing. "I suspected as much. Do you think it's a powerful one? Or... that someone called it? Is it possible Gaspard offered himself so that he could assassinate the Dutchess?", she asked quickly.

"Damn, I had to know it was her. Never seen someone faster than me before", Serah muttered. Then she pointed to one of the opened doors. "Down the corridor behind that door."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 04:43 pm

Ash shrugged. "No one is suspecting so far that it's not the Duke. For all I know, it could have been a demon for a while now. I've never met him before, after all. But the fact that he is advising us to keep an eye on the elf spymaster suggests that maybe she knows what's up, and might fuck up their plans. Oh, he's not alone by the way," Ash yawned.

"Let's take a look. You should go help the Inquisitor, I fear she might not be able to do much with Ash on her heels," Valdyr told her as he headed for the place where the spymaster might have been.

Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 04:55 pm

Nadia almost chocked. "There are other demons?" She wasn't pleased. Not at all. She grabbed Ash by the jacket. "Help me find them. I will smithe every single one of them", she said, her voice deadly serious, looking at him in the eyes.

"First I need to inform the other guards around", Serah sighed. "Whatever will happen, don't alarm the nobles and be careful. Nadia gave you some salt, right? Keep a hold of it and use it", she advised them, before disappearing in the mass of people.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 04:58 pm

Ash arched a brow. "And make a scandal? You know, I agreed with preventing any bad incidents to happen during this party. Not with the killing of my own kind," he replied with a mocking grin. "You want the demons? Fine. Talk first."

Valdyr sighed, and looked at Horknath. "You're ready?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 05:07 pm

Nadia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. When she opened her eyes again, her gaze was burning. "Talk what, if I may?", she asked, her lower lip quivering.

"Yep", Horknath confirmed. He was the first to sneak in the corridor, walking carefully. He looked on the ground, his nose wrinkling. Serah had been right;rhere was a long stripe of sulfur going down the path. "Look", he whispered to Valdyr, pointing at it.
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 05:32 pm

"Promise me you'll talk to them before even trying to kill them," Ash told her with a wider, colder smile. "Otherwise, please remember that you know nothing of my powers," he whispered to her ear. "Just because my human doesn't use them to their full potential doesn't mean I couldn't wipe this whole castle off the map."

Valdyr squinted, but nodded, walking forward still. And yet, when in front of the door, he didn't hesitate to flung it open.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 05:44 pm

Nadia regarded him with a cold glare. "I may know nothing of your powers, Ash", she stated, quietly, "but remember. I am not the only one to be ignorant of what the other can do." Then she smiled. "Alright. Let's go and try to reason with them then."

The door was actually leading to an inner garden. Everything outside was quiet, silent and dark. Exactly the kind of places that people should be wary about. Horknath watched around warily, walking slowly. Suddenly, a woman appeared in front of them. "Guests aren't allowed here, gentlemen", she said lightly.
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 06:14 pm

Ash shrugged. "How about we start with His Highness?" Ash asked with a grin, as he showed her the Duke.

"Oh. I guess we got lost again," Valdyr sighed. "I'm sorry, but all of this architecture is... alien to me. Would you mind showing us the way back to the banquet?" He took the opportunity to study the woman carefully, trying to decipher whether she was actually an elf or not.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 06:23 pm

Nadia sighed. "Alright", she said, not sounding too convinced. "Let's go then. But we should bring him further away from the people", she added. "If it evolves into a fight, I'd prefer for it to not be too bloody."

"Actually, I'd prefer you to stay with me and my friends here", the woman spoke again, smiling. Two other women appeared behind her. "You will not ruin our master's plans, mortals of the Inquisition", she hissed.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 07:39 pm

"Mmh he seemed fairly interested in you. How about you take him away and I help you corner him?" Ash smiled.

"Surely there must be a misunderstanding," Valdyr smiled coldly. "I don't work with the Inquisition." He turned to Horknath. "But that doesn't prevent you from smashing their pretty heads together I guess."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 08:25 pm

Nadia stiffened. "... alright. But, please, just... don't let him get his hands on me. Please", she sounded actually troubled about the thought. Then, drawing in a shaky breath, she walked over to the Duke.

Horknath cracked his knuckles, then rushed forward to attack the women. He managed to get one, even if the other two didn't wait to attack him too. And boy, were they strenghtened by the demons possessing them.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 08:53 pm

Ash couldn't hold back a smile, but he did get a close look at Nadia and the Duke, to make sure things would remain quiet between the two as long as they hadn't exited the room.

Valdyr took that opportunity to dive into the fight. He threw salt towards the two women and took advantage of his height to collide in one's legs, to make her fall.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/11/17, 09:03 pm

From afar, Nadia seemed to hold for herself quite well, even though the man did try to reach to touch her and she shyly avoided it. Then he seemed convinced enough to follow her outside of the room. She led him, just hoping Ash was following them.

Horknath forced some salt into the throat of the one he was fighting with, grunting as he struggled to do so but succeeding. The woman Valdyr had aimed for shrieked when the salt hit her, then falling when hit at the legs. The third, however, was still ready to strike him while he was on the ground. If not for a deafening shot, loaded with salt, that hit her straight away.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/11/17, 09:15 pm

Ash followed them soon enough, showing up just as soon as Nadia has ceased walking in the corridor - or another room.

Valdyr looked up when he heard the gunshot, and looked for where it came from, surprised.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum