3 - I think I love you

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Re: 3 - I think I love you

Post by Mary on Thu 20 Sep - 13:40

Castiel looked at his own watch, and held back a startled chuckle. "Oops. I'll pack everything up, we should go home. I hope you still had a bit of fun, though. Sorry for being carried away." he did as he had told, quickly packing up his telescope.

It felt so weird to have someone actually worry for him, that Hanakael couldn't help the small feeling of happiness rising in his guts. "I live there for financial reasons. My income as a trainee doesn't allow me to afford much more if I take my food expenses into account- as well as my dry-cleaning expenses for my suits. I couldn't buy myself a laundry machine." He took a deep breath. "My father and I aren't on good terms. In fact, we had an argument before I began my internship, which is why he harrassed you to know how I was doing. So he could call me and remind me of how much of an idiot I was." Hana licked his lips, hesitating whether or not to give out one last bit of explanation. "I haven't been able to contact my mother or my sister either."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 20 Sep - 16:14

"Sorry? Why are you sorry of getting worked up about something that you like? I mean - get me to talk about cars and I'll do the same", Dean laughed kindly, throwing a last glance to the starry sky above them. "I had fun. It was nice to do something different from the usual bar or cinema. Plus it was interesting!" He was being honest. And seeing Castiel so happy was a plus!

Crowley listened attentively, hands knotted together as he rested his chin on them. He didn't look overly struck by that story - which was a testament of just how much he knew Zachariah. "Well. I've been your family's lawyer for years by now, so I know your story is completely believable", he commented softly in the end, leaning in his chair. "Doesn't mean I can stand for that. Have you an idea of how irresponsible it is of you, to live in a place like that? Someone could easily follow you from my office, assume you have something worth of being stolen, and I'd suddenly find your pretty face on the eight p.m. news." He took a deep breath and paused. Being harsh with that poor man wasn't his intention. "Not to mention that cheap bastard has more than enough money to buy you an actual apartment. If he manages to afford me- wait." He squinted at Hanakael in the middle of his ramble. "He does pay your University fees, right?"

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Thu 20 Sep - 20:29

Castiel smiled fondly at Dean. "You should tell me about cars, sometimes- your car specifically. You seem quite attached to it!" He walked back with Dean to the Impala, his bag under his arm.

Hanakael's tense smile might have been misleading. "He used to pay them. After our fight, he did send me a venomous e-mail claiming that I'd better apologize or consider I've been robbing him since I left highschool. So I've started sending him checks, out of... spite, I suppose. I always label them to my mother, though."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 20 Sep - 20:54

Dean shot him a grin as he got into the car, closing the door. "Ah, you'd probably regret asking that after five minutes - I can be pretty boring about it", he confessed, starting up the engine. "It's also a lot about the memories - I mean, my brother and I went on long, long roadtrips all across the States. And even before we could drive, this car was a bit like a home to us. Amd you have all my mixtapes!" He merrily pointed at the cassettes.

Crowley squinted at him again. He lifted a hand to call for a waiter. "Please, bring a menu to my guest. For me, I'll be ordering the same as usual." He turned to Hanakael. "I need to make an... important call. If you'll excuse me", he got up from the chair, smiling at him. "I'll be right back. Pick a good wine", he added before walking away and dealing hastily Zachariah's number.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Thu 20 Sep - 21:03

Castiel smiled fondly. "I've always found those fascinating," he said, as he took one mixtape to look at it. "I have an old tape-reader with me. I like it a lot. I still use it, in fact. I can't bring myself to use my phone for that."

Hanakael blinked, and tried to stop Crowley, but he was way too fast for him.
Zachariah didn't wait too long before he picked up the phone, his tone merry. "Mister Crowley, good evening."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 20 Sep - 21:34

Dean threw Castiel a glance, before returning his attention to the road in front of him. He was wearing a happy grin, for some reason. "Really? That's pretty cool", he said. "You have many tapes? Did you... register those yourself?"

"Mister Davis", Crowley curtly greeted him, wearing his usual smirk. Which could almost be heard through phone, let's be honest. "Sorry to disturb you at this time in the eveinning. A question, if you don't mind. I'll be a bit blunt because I have to get back to dinner soon - I'm in sweet company, you see." He spoke politely and jovially, his acting skills coming useful as usual whenever he spoke with someone he despised.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Thu 20 Sep - 21:44

"No," Castiel sighed. "The ones I have are mostly old ones that belonged to my dad - buying stuff to record your own mixtapes must be pretty expensive nowadays."

Zachariah seemed a bit taken aback by that request, yet he forced a polite smile. That too could be heard over the phone. "Well. I am listening, then. I wouldn't want you to keep your company waiting too long."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 20 Sep - 21:50

"Depends, you know - if you are very patient and you have a radio..." Dean started happily blabbing about the how he used to wait eagerly for a song he lived to come up at the radio stations on the car to register it on his tapes. "Of course to do anything else with aa tape, you either are an expert with computers or register it in a studio", he concluded.

"Good. So. Is Hanakael going to do the two years of specialization required to get a master degree?" Crowley waited for a meaningful second before adding, "Because of course you do know how useful that is to work in a cabinet - especially a prestigious one as mine."

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Thu 20 Sep - 22:08

Castiel smiled. He had listened to Dean with great interest, to the one he said, in the end, "We should try to record a few new ones for your cars. Some that will... remind us of the both of us, for our trips," he mused.

Zachariah remained silent for a little while. "That's what he was supposed to do, as far as I know." He was being very, very careful with his answer. "So are you thinking of keeping him for longer than this mere internship?"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 20 Sep - 22:29

"... you know what - that's actually a very nice idea", Dean mused, getting deep in his thoughts for a while. Something that would remind them of each other... He hid back a smile, trying not to let his giddiness show. Well, if he hadn't just gotten a great idea. One that was tied to a memory emerged while telling those stories - one dear to him, and involving Castiel, too.

"Aah, I am glad to hear that", Crowley cooed happily. "I was actually thinking about offering your boy a real, down-to-earth permanent contract. I was pretty impressed by him, and I don't think I'll ever find another intern able to keep up with me. Not in this life anyway", he chuckled. "He'll surely bring prestige to my studio - and to your family, I'm guessing. But I needed to be absolutely sure he was going to get that master degree, you see."

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Thu 20 Sep - 22:37

Since they had arrived back to their parking lot, Castiel didn't dwell much further on that though, and instead just went out of the car. "How come you and your brother traveled that much, though? Was it for your jobs?"

"... Well he surely intended on doing that. I should talk to him about it soon, that's great news." Zachariah was obviously forcing his smile, now. He was hurt in his pride, because his worthless son had proven him he could succeed in life without him. And he couldn't look like an asshole now and ruin his relationship with Crowley by not ensuring his son could afford university two years more now, could he.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 20 Sep - 22:52

Dean's smile faltered a bit as he closed up the car and pocketed the keys. "... yeah, for our jobs", he answered, a bit hesitantly. He wasn't ready to discuss about what he knew about their past thanks to Bobby - and surely not with Castiel. If he could think he was a creep because of all his attentions, he could barely imagine what he could have thought if he told him they knew each other from a previous life in which he was an angel and they hunted monsters.

"It sure is. A lot of good can come, having a relative working in my office - so I'll count on you to get your son enrolled in University as soon as possible. Because of course you'll be the one taking care of it, right?" He chuckled. "Of course you will - it's utterly ridiculous, to think a young man his age, with an income of an apprentice, could ever afford University!" He laughed, not even the slightest bit ashamed of being that manipulative. It came with the job, of course.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri 21 Sep - 7:41

Castiel turned towards Dean, surprised to hear him so grim. "Are you okay? Tired, maybe?" zfter all, it was quite late, and there was no reason for which thinking about his brother would wear such an impact on Dean. Right?

Zachariah forced a short laugh. "Oh, you know how much I hate paperwork. Hana is going to do it, I'll just be there to write the check." Damn, was he mad for feeling cornered and forced to support his son again.

Last edited by Mary on Sat 6 Oct - 6:36; edited 1 time in total
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Fri 21 Sep - 8:48

Dean blinked, surprised. He actually hadn't noticed how grim he had sounded right then. "Oh - yes, I'm sorry", he quickly confirmed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Tonight was really nice, but right now I am really craving a bed." He laughed a bit. "Though, we should do it again another time!"

"Well, like all father do, right?" Crowley's smirk just got larger at that. "Fantastic. Well, thank you for being so kind and spend these five minutes with lottle old me at the phone - I gotta go now. I'll hear from you the next time. Toodles." He ended the call almost without making Zachariah answer properly, and walked back to his table with the face of someone who is clearly pleased with himself.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri 21 Sep - 9:09

Castiel smiled softly, relieved. "Let's go, then." He walked with Dean back to their apartment, and he too would soon collapse on his bed, exhausted zs he was. Yet... He was happy.

Hanakael eyed Crowley a bit suspiciously when he came back. In the meantime, he had ordered his own meal, as well as a bottle of wine. "You czlled my father, didn't you?"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Fri 21 Sep - 13:13

And Dean did collapse on his bed/couch as well... after tapping away on his phone a bit. He had to give birth to the idea that had struck him not so long before.

Crowley sat down in the chair and crossed his legs. His smile told Hanakael anything he needed to know. "Maybe. Just know you will have your supplemental years of University. No need to thank me." He eyed critically the wine that the maitre was showing him, then nodded his approval, and gestured for him to serve them and leave the bottle.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri 21 Sep - 20:10

Gasp!! wanna do something else with the cuties?

Hanakael held back a breathless chuckle, bewildered. "Hold on. You got my father to pay for my tuition fees? You're kidding, right?"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Fri 21 Sep - 20:39

"CAS! WELCOME HOME! CAN YOU HELP ME FIND MY PHONE!", Dean shouted from the kitchen as soon as he heard Castiel close the entrance door. Yeah, he knew it was him - who else entered with the keys!
Right now, finding his phone was of the utmost importance.

Crowley raised a brow, a smug smile making his lips curl
deviously. "Darling. I am nothing but serious, if it concerns legally robbing people from their finances", he purred, apparently very satisfied with his result. And going as far as calling Hanakael a sweet name.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri 21 Sep - 20:42

Castiel held back a smile, and shook his head. "I'll try calling it. Is it on mute?" He asked, as he took out his own phone, to call Dean's.

Hanakael felt flustered at first, but shivered at the thought of Crowley calling him darling. Damn. He loved it. "I, uh. I'll tell you how this goes, then. Thank you." He was throwing glances at Crowley now and then. Hiding his crush was becoming slightly difficult over time.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Fri 21 Sep - 21:02

"Vibration, unfortunately!" Dean sighed, walking to Castiel's room. "I can't exclude any room either - I've been all over the place this morning", he added as he crouched to look underneath the bed. "Thanks for the help, you're the best!"

Crowley waved at him. "Don't mention it", he said, holding Hanakael's gaze, smirking. Yes. He did definitely feel his flustered state. And he enjoyed it all too much. "I consoder this... an investment in the future of my cabinet." He raised his glass and made a gesture as if to make a toast, then sipped from it.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri 21 Sep - 21:13

Castiel held back a smile, and cleared his throat. "Oh, erh- Don't look into the box under the bed. Please." He had to hide his shameful magazines there, and barely dared to take them out now. After listening around for a while, he finally fished Dean's phone from the inside of his bathrobe. "I've found... it," he yelled. Well. At first. His voice died down when the screen showed the beginning of a message from Sharon, his coworker, featuring her picture on screen. And two missed calls from her.

Hanakael held back a smile. "You're a crook. But a good one," he said, before he took a sip of his wine too. "But thank you, Crowley. I owe you a lot."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Fri 21 Sep - 21:25

"Hey, I know when to respect someone's privacy", Dean protested with a laugh. And besides, by now he knew what kind of magazines Castiel kept under his bed. But that's something else. He rejoiced when he heard his friend yell that he had found his phone, and ran to him. "Aaah, thank you!", he said as he snatched the device from his hands. He looked it over, and deleted the missed calls. He would have just answered to Sharon via message, right now, with Cas in the house, he couldn't really call her!

A waiter brought them their dishes, just to leave swiftly, as if he had never been there at all.
Crowley chuckled. "Careful. Owing me can prove to be quite... dangerous." He took a hold of his knife and fork, as if to underline what he had just said. He smirked at him. "But I will remember you said that, Hana."

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri 21 Sep - 21:41

"... You're welcome," Cas replied a bit flatly, before he walked away from Dean, going to his bedrom. He was pondering over the words he had read. "Still coming over next Saturday". Right. Dean had been living with him for months. It was only a matter of time until he started dating again. It made sense, in a way. But wouldn't prevent the know forming in his stomach.

Hana held back a smile. "I meant it. The mere fact that you're having dinner with me tonight, although you've learned where I live, and how I live- it means a lot to me."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Fri 21 Sep - 21:56

Dean found himself rather perplexed by that behaviour. After all, every time Cas came home, they were always talking and slumping on the couch together, or cooking. After answering to Sharon 'Sure! I'll see you at your place!', he walked to his friend's room, peeking in. "Hey. Had a bad day?", he asked, sounding a bit concerned.

Crowley huffed. "Where you live and how isn't exactly your choice right now, don't you think?", he quipped. "And besides, if I invite someone out for dinner, it's most certainly not for where they live." He threw him a smirk, leaving what he actually meant with that carefully hidden in his words.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri 21 Sep - 22:03

"No," Castiel replied, his face half-buried in his pillow. He felt down, so down. Slapped back into the face by being reminded that yes, Dean was very much heterosexual.

Hanakael held back a smile. "I'm still sorry your meeting got cancelled, though. I heard you mention it to your assistant the other day. You were looking quite forward to it."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next