64.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal

Spymasters and Inquisition

2 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Spymasters and Inquisition - Page 3 Empty Re: Spymasters and Inquisition

Post by Gravirei 08/10/17, 09:47 pm

The Inquisitor looked a bit startled. She crossed her hands. "Why should I want your head off your shoulder, Master dwarf?", she asked, politely. "I haven't any slightest intention of hurting you."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/10/17, 10:05 pm

"... You don't know who I am," Valdyr suddenly realized, and he ran nervously his hands in his hair, taking deep breaths. "Okay. Okay. What the fuck are we doing here."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/10/17, 10:22 pm

The Inquisitor leant into her chair, glad to have their attention now. "Now. It seems you have mistaken me for a guard hound, whatever you did, Master dwarf. I am not. I am... merely someone trying to not get this place more screwed up than it already is. And that's where my proposal to you lies. So. Can I take it you will listen to me, before telling me to go to hell?"

Last edited by Gravirei on 08/10/17, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/10/17, 10:48 pm

"You can always try," Valdyr sighed as he rubbed his temples. "Just to be clear, I had a business I needed to finish, and there's no way your priorities are going to come before mine."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/10/17, 10:53 pm

The Inquisitor bit he lower lip, as if thinking something over. "You're right", she said then, suddenly. Serah murmured an incredulous "Wait, what?". The women looked at him. "The difference between me, and... the people who should care about this country, is that first of all, come the people. Not me, not my interests, not the Inquisition's. So I apologize, for interrupting your business. I'll make sure you bring it to the end. But I would really need you to help me out, too."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 08/10/17, 11:06 pm

Valdyr breathed heavily through his nose. "Alright. I'm listening."
Ash whistled as he tilted his head. "Lady tamed the dwarf," he murmured with amusement.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 08/10/17, 11:31 pm

The Inquisitor - whose name, by the way, is Nadia - smiled at Valdyr. Horknath had just resolved in keeping silent, for the moment. "Thank you. I appreciate it", she said, gently. "I'll be as brief and crude as possible. We are under the danger of a coup d'etat. ... actually never mind, various of that. The thing is, in this moment, the Dutchess we have, is the lesser evil. She is stupid, flimsy, but she dislikes fights. She keeps peace. Her cousin, the self-proclaimed rightful Duke to the throne? A mad man that can't wait to wreck this country up to an endless and desperate war. And we get voices that Brianne, an elven Ambassador, very close to the court, also has her own shot to the throne. The Dutchess falls, everything goes rogue." She took a breath. "All clear until now?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 07:33 pm

"All clear, but that doesn't tell me why I should specifically give a damn about it," Valdyr sighed. "No offense. But I've been allergic to politics for some years now."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 08:14 pm

Nadia sighed. "It's actually fairly simple. There is a negotiation, set to happen during the Ball for the Dutchess' birthday. Many think there is an assassination planned. The assassination is real and the Dutchess dies? Gaspard will rise, and pull a martial law on the country. That, or Briala makes the next governor a puppet for the nearby kingdom, which means basically slavery. The assassination is fake and the negotiation goes bad, which is the only result that can happen? Civil war." She looked at him. "Do you think you can live under any of that?" Horknath had visibly tensed under the prospect of a war.

Last edited by Gravirei on 09/10/17, 08:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 08:54 pm

Valdyr took all of that in, and tried not to think about Ash getting overly excited about this all. "I am sorry. Really, I am." He sighed, and tried to stand up. "Had you come to me ten years before this day, I would have made everything I could for stuff like that not to happen. And trust me. I could probably have done something, like negotiate to have dwarf guards to the event. But all I can ask to you know is why ask random strangers, if this is such an important matter ? You're the Inquisitor. Hell, you have an army of people ready to die for you."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 09:10 pm

"The truth?" Nadia lowered her gaze, tormenting her hands. "We are being watched. My best men have been either imprisoned, or put to fight elsewhere, against the raising of some cults in the East... and me and Serah are currently the only ones I can count on." She really looked tired. "I can't trust anybody. Anybody, but people that aren't involved in... in the Game." She looked at Valdyr again. "I've had you under my watch for some time now. I was thinking, you were the right people to help me. But... only now, I understand this may be too much weight for you to take." She shook her head. "And I don't want people to die for me."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 09:27 pm

"... M'lady. I'm the last person qualified for this job. You can ask for Horknath's, Ash's or even Yvan's opinion on the matter. But me ? I'm a fucking banished ex-prince," Valdyr said, his voice breaking. "I don't care about politics anymore."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 09:39 pm

"I do know who you are, Master Valdyr", Nadia addressed him softly. "That's why I thought why you would understand... why this is important. That this is not about politics. I wouldn't really care much if all those nobles were to die right now. This is about people. The Inquisition is here for those that don't have any voice, but that are going to be the one suffering the massacre. That's why I am asking for help. Because I still have some voice left." She bit her lip, stopping herself from saying more.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 09:45 pm

Valdyr licked his lower lip, and shook his head. "Give me a minute," he breathed as he stood up and headed for the nearest window.

"... So," Ash said after an awkward silence, punching the palm of his hand. "Do we get to kill some bastards or what," he asked with a grin.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 09:58 pm

Nadia looked at him, raising a dark eyebrow. "Depending on whether we meet the assassins or not, yes. Even if I'd prefer to solve it peacefully, I am not going to pretend that's going to be the case." She looked at Horknath, waiting for him to say something.
He just shook his head, weakly. "I don't want to be forced in the army. No, I don't." He had kinda stopped listening after that part.
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 10:03 pm

"Oh come on Horknath," Ash beamed as he opened his arms. "Big guy like you, helping to save the day! You know, for someone so worried about the image people have of you, this could only do good to you, or your specie !"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 10:14 pm

Horknath whined. "I would help, but... I just want to live a quiet life", he said helplessly. Serah snorted. "Last time I've heard that it was from this guy. A weirdo, he liked hands a bit too much-"
"Serah for the love of- don't", Nadia growled, rubbing her temples. Then she sighed, raising from her chair. "By the way, I insist for you to be my guests, tonight."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 10:29 pm

"Well if you insist," Ash said with a grin as he sat more comfortably in his chair. "When's dinner, by the way?" Could that guy be more of a moron? He was actually holding back just a little.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 10:39 pm

The Inquisitor looked at him. She narrowed her eyes. "Dinner will be served in the main hall", she said, politely. "Serah. Take him there, will you. And anyone else who would want to go."
"You're not coming, Lady Trevelyan?", the elf asked while moving towards the door, sounding actually concerned. "No. I... have to finish signing these damn letters."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 10:46 pm

"Come on guys, who's up for a nice, free dinner ?" Ash asked again, beaming. "C'mon Horknath. Cheer up !"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 10:50 pm

Horknath grumbled, getting up from his chair just as Nadia sat down again. He looked at Valdyr. "Oi. You gonna be ok?", he asked, uncertain.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 09/10/17, 11:00 pm

Valdyr took a deep breath, and seemed to think about it for a moment. Yet, he never answered, instead turning towards Horknath. "Our contract doesn't apply anymore. "You're free to make your own choice in this matter."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 09/10/17, 11:04 pm

Horknath looked at him blankly. "... I'll talk with you later", he just answered, before following Serah out of the room. The elf closed the door behind her shoulders, and started leading them to the dining hall.
Nadia was still rubbing her temples, her eyes closed. "Demons give me such an headache", she mumbled, probably thinking she had been left alone.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 11/10/17, 08:15 pm

Thankfully, Nadia had been truly left alone, since Valdyr had followed Horknath out, and that Ash had been happily strolling in front, all excited about getting free, decent food.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 11/10/17, 08:27 pm

Serah threw a judgmental stare at Ash. "Gee, it almost looks like you never ate before in your entire life. Calm down a bit", she reproached him with a grin.
Horknath felt totally out of place in the simple yet elegant rooms they went through, and it could be understood by the fact he wasn't even speaking for once.
They finally arrived at a bigger room, a long table with a couple dozen of chairs around. It was a bit late in the evening, and the table had already been cleaned, save for three seats which were being readied for them by two servants.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum