Around the worlds 1 - A tale of vampires

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Re: Around the worlds 1 - A tale of vampires

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 14:48

Michela was looking around eagerly, her eyes big and mouth agape. Even being two hundred years old, she could appreciate the architecture of that place. And that greenish color was really nice to the eyes, and quite relaxing too.
"They sure have pretty able goldsmiths too. Look at all of this", she murmured, gesturing around a little. "Oh, indeed! At least you'll be able to see how they work!" She proceeded at his side, her nose up to follow the stairs.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 15:08

Neos nodded, and looked a bit around. "Apparently, those craftsmen and craftswomen are all members of their "church". I hear people calling them with titles," he said to her, as they kept walking around. "Most people seem to go up though, do you want to follow ?"
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 15:14

Michela nodded and kept looking up, following with her gaze the trail of people going up and down from those stairs. She assumed that the spaces up there were used to hold religious assemblies and to talk with priests. "Hm, yeah, let's", she said. She was curious too, after all.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 15:19

Neos took her upstairs, and finally stopped on the second floor, on which there were more objects made of the green stone, including small weapons. He brushed his hands together and went to take a closer look at the stalls. He didn't bother with looking up for the third and last floor on top of them, though, although... it seemed to be bathed in a kind of both golden and greenish light.
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 15:27

Michela looked up. "Hey, I'll go up", she told Neos. Without waiting for the answer, she proceeded to go upstairs, curiosity devouring her. 'What is all that glowing golden light about? Are they doing magic?'

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 15:37

There was indeed the sight of some magic use, for light globes were hanging in the air. A lot of people came here to light up one, some of them holding each other. And a few were gravitating in front of a bust of their deity, which covered a whole wall. Somehow, that statue felt... odd, in comparison to the others. As if the stones were purer, but the air seemed to be a bit heavy in that part of the room.
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 15:45

Michela stood awkwardly near the stairs, her hands tucked in pockets. She carefully observed those light spheres floating around the statue. The whole scene should've been considered quite beautiful, however there was a certain something that made her feel a bit uneasy about it. She got a bit near though, without going too far from the stairs, to observe the statue. The hair around was heavy...

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 16:01

There was a priest here, taking care of a little puddle of water, which he would put in tiny bottles for people to take. Oddly enough, the water seemed to pour down from the statue. He caught sight of Michela, and the old man gestured her to come closer, with a smile.
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 16:09

Michela really just wanted to keep far away and observe. But she wasn't really invisible, and when the priest invited her to come closer, she thought it would've been not only unpolite but also suspicious if she had refused. So she stepped near, an uncertain smile on her lips.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 16:19

The priest welcomed her, and kept his hand towards her until she gave one to him. "My, your hand is freezing, my child. Are you sick ?"
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 16:23

Michela gave him a small laugh. "Just a bit", she answered. She was always wary of people touching her, but it seemed like this man didn't think anything too strange about it.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 16:45

"I'll get you something," the priest told her as he finally let go of her hand. He handed her one of the little bottles he was filling. "There. Drink two drops of this once every morning, and once every evening. That's the goddess's essence, it'll clear your soul and your body", he said with a warm smile.
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 16:51

Michela took the bottle, trying not to show how funny she found the part about clearing her soul. "Thank you", she replied with a small smile.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 16:58

The man kept smiling at her, but he seemed to frown a bit at some point. Yet, just as he was about to say something, he turned his head to the side, alerted by some screams. And then he rushed to join one of his colleagues, as the voice of a woman asking to be left alone and untouched echoed around the room.
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 17:17

Michela was startled by that sudden noise - the place had been so silent until a second before... She followed the priest, curious to see what was happening, but deciding to keep some distance. She was curious, sure, but curiosity kills.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 17:23

The woman was crying, and holding her arms to her chest as she kept yelling at a priest that they did that to her, that she was not one of the creatures, and that she wanted to be left alone. But from where she was, Michela could see that the woman's wrists were bleeding, on each side. For a bone was poking there on the side, sharp as a tooth.
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 17:32

If her skin hadn't already taken a slightly grey colour, she would've probably gone pale at that sight. Michela took a couple steps back towards the stairs, so fast that she bumped against the handrail. She stayed there though, morbidly curious. What did the woman mean, when she was saying that they did that to her?

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 17:48

The woman kept arguing loudly with the priests, and pointed repeatedly at one of their tools, made of that green stone. She was screaming and crying by the time some guards came to her, and secured her to bring her to another room. Her family tried to argue with the priests though, and the words "not a vampire" kept coming back and back as they pleaded for their relative to be brought back to them.
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 17:53

From what Michela got, it really was about those green stones... She frowned. This... vampire disease thing was getting more and more suspicious to her eyes. And the screams and pleads of that woman were making her stomach twist. 'I've seen enough', she thought, hurrying downstairs to meet up with Neos, the bottle given to her by the priest still in her hand.
Gravirei
Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 18:03

Neos greeted her with a smile and a wave. "I've got my stone," he told her cheerfully, as he showed her a pendant he was wearing under his shirt. "Where were you, by the way ?"
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 18:07

Michela pointed upstairs, her face showing clearly she had seen something that had upset her. "I'd take that off, if I were you." Then she proceeded to hastily tell him about all that she had seen. "I think there is something wrong with these stones. And with these priests. With this whole ordeal in general."

Last edited by Gravirei on Mon 19 Dec - 10:40; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 18:21

Neos gave his pendant a curious look, but he shrugged and took it off. "Alright, alright, I'll study it another time." He put the necklace in his pocket, and began to climb down the stairs with her. "So you mean that those creatures are actually... People ?"
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 18:33

"From what I observed, yes. That woman looked pretty much human to me. The only thing weird was... that bone. It was overgrown, and it came out of the wrist. So I guess those vampires manifest their nature through this.. "

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Sun 18 Dec - 18:37

"... Oh. Creepy indeed," said Neos with a slight grimace. "And you think that the green stone is responsible for this ? Or that it just... helps ?"
Mary
Adoratrice de peluches

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Sun 18 Dec - 18:41

"I... I don't know." Michela shook her head, feeling suddenly a bit silly for having been so scared. "I've just heard what that woman was saying. She was saying that they had done that to her, and was pointing aggressively to one of their tools, made of that stone. So I just assumed..."

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next