Undercover (Yvonne+Donovan)

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Re: Undercover (Yvonne+Donovan)

Post by Gravirei on Tue 22 Nov - 20:13

Yvonne put her empty glass down on the table, her hands again on her lap. Somehow, they always ended there. She was still looking at him, studying him. Deciding whether to warn him against taking stupid decisions right now, or giving him trust and wait. She settled on the latter. "No, I think we will work out everything else while on the mission." She smiled again.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Tue 22 Nov - 21:05

Donovan nodded. "Alright. I'll go back to my quarters, then. I'm... I need a bit of time alone before we get thrown into this," he said as he woke up. He seemed like someone bad at lying, and that definitely did not want to talk about what they were going to do in the next few minutes.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Tue 22 Nov - 21:24

"Of course." Yvonne got up from her seat too, nodding towards him. She knew to read the mood, and when not to ask questions. "I will retire to my room myself. See you in the early morning then, Vice Admiral." And with a small salute, she excused herself, stopping by to ask for the staff to bring her what probably was going to be her last cup of tea for a long time before wandering off to the private quarters.
Gravirei
Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Tue 22 Nov - 22:05

Donovan looked at her until she had fully left, then sighed and went back to his own room.

The next morning, he had kept part of his promise. He did look the exact opposite of a vice-admiral. Heck, he even looked like a kind of pirate, with his shirt with rolled-up sleeves, large pants, and scruffy beard. He also had sockets under his eyes, from a lack of sleeping. Getting mentally ready for that day had been rather... exhausting. Mentally exhausting.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Tue 22 Nov - 22:32

Yvonne was up early in the morning. She had stood by her usual morning routine, but not fully. Her hair was not as carefully styled as usual, instead laying on her shoulder tied in a curly, loose ponytail. A simple old white shirt with large sleeves and high waisted pants, kept up by a red sash, served to give her a more common look, if not for the sword hanging at her side. She was on the deck, breathing in the early breeze, humming all satisfied.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Tue 22 Nov - 22:42

Donovan joined her soon enough, and sighed. "I guess we should go. Do you have everything you need with you ?"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Tue 22 Nov - 23:00

"Yes, I think I do." Yvonne gazed at him briefly, before going back to look at the sea. "Well, I see you kept your promise. I wouldn't say you are a marine at all", she stated calmly, before straightening up. "Do you have everything you need?"

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Tue 22 Nov - 23:06

"I didn't bring anything much, so yes. We shall go," he said, as he got down the ship with her, so that they could pay for a place on a merchand ship, that would take them to the island they were going to. The more time passed, the grimmer Donovan actually looked at that point in the distance.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Tue 22 Nov - 23:32

Yvonne furrowed her brows, seeing Donovan looking more and more grim as they got near to their objective. Well, for now, his mood wasn't the thing that worried her the most. She just needed him to keep a cool mind, their objective well pressed in his brain. She sighed softly. 'I wonder if he will be able to keep himself together for the time being.' She didn't stare at him for the whole time not to be obvious. But her attentive, quick eyes studied every single flick of his expression, staying by his side, but at the right distance.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Wed 23 Nov - 21:18

Donovan remained mostly neutral while talking to the few people they met, and had to deal with. Although... it became clearer and clearer that he somehow dreaded the mere idea of setting foot on the next island. But he kept his head high, althought his insides were twitching.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Wed 23 Nov - 21:30

Yvonne decided to try and talk to Donovan, to shift his attention from his grim thoughts - that were showing clearly on his face by now. So she cleared her throat with an acute sound and tilted his head to him, while they finally headed to the ship that would've taken them to the next island. "Call it curiosity... why did you decide to join?" She carefully avoided to name the Marine, since people around could listen.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Wed 23 Nov - 21:34

Donovan arched a brow, but seemed to understand what she meant. Kind of. He thought she was talking about the mission. "There's... a few things that I'd like to understand. About someone that was dear to me," he said, as he massaged his wrists, a bit nervously. But he then cleared his throat. "How about you?"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Wed 23 Nov - 21:41

"I see...", she said carefully. Well it wasn't the question she had meant to ask, but it was fine either way. At least he wasn't refusing to communicate. Yvonne made a small smile. "Career. And... let's say redemption." Her smile wavered a bit. She had... a lot of things, to be forgiven of.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Wed 23 Nov - 21:57

Donovan seemed a bit startled by her answer. But he looked at her from a new angle now. "Do you have much family?"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Wed 23 Nov - 22:03

"Actually not that much." The shadow of sudden sadness that had crossed Yvonne's face disappeared as swiftly as it had appeared. "My parents are old, I don't hear from them since a long time... I should write them, one of those days", she mused. "Aside from them, I only have one relative left, the dearest to me." She looked at him and a smile was back on her lips. "What about you?"

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Wed 23 Nov - 22:11

Donovan felt he had maybe crossed borders he shouldn't have. But he felt like he should answer Yvonne's question nonetheless, be it to ease the sudden tension in the air. "I come from a rather big family. I've got one brother, and three sisters," he said with a tiny smile. "They're all busy, though. And far, far away. I'm the only one who chose to leave our home island."
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Wed 23 Nov - 22:16

Yvonne's smile got wider. "A lot of sibilings then! It sounds fun, honestly. I don't have sister nor brothers, but I've always wanted one, when I was younger. Are you the eldest?"

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Wed 23 Nov - 22:20

"Not really, one of my sisters is older than me," he replied with a smile. That kind of conversation seemed easier. And did not rise much attention when they finally borded that merchand ship. "Being one of the eldest has proved troublesome, though. We've never been much quiet," he said for once with honest fondess at the memory.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Wed 23 Nov - 22:26

Yvonne giggled behind a hand. She was glad he looked honestly serene, for once. So she just continued on that path. "I bet you gave lots to do to your parents. You strike me as the kind of child that never stays still and seldom listens", she added playfully.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Wed 23 Nov - 22:34

Donovan looked simply SCANDALIZED. He even put a hand on his chest to emphacize that feeling. "How DARE you!" he said, his tone so obviously over-the-top. "I was the purest angel the world had ever seen !"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Wed 23 Nov - 22:45

Yvonne stared at him for some seconds in complete silence. Then she exploded in a fit of giggles, that took a while to wear off. "I will believe you only when I'll hear it from believable witnesses, Mister Purest Angel. I bet you were always the one that got caught with his hands in the pie!" She poked his arm, still half laughing, resting against the wooden board of the ship.
Gravirei
Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Thu 24 Nov - 19:51

Donovan himself laughed a bit, and laid his elbow on the board himself. "Alright. I was my parents' little monster, and my... career choice was a true surprise to them", he admitted, still smiling.
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 24 Nov - 20:06

Yvonne was still smiling when she answered. "But I am sure they were very proud of you. Ours is a good path. One to walk with pride. I, personally, am really glad I decided to join, in the end." She breathed in the sea breeze, with a satisfied hum. She really loved that smell.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Thu 24 Nov - 20:21

Donovan looked at her with curiousity. "You mean that it wasn't your first choice ? Did something happen ?"
Mary
Potato queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei on Thu 24 Nov - 20:53

"Well, actually I studied to be a doctor. I never completed my studies though." Yvonne smiled. "I met a man. We got married. We had a daughter. It was because of him that, some years ago, I finally decided to serve in. Just like he did." Her smile trembled, but she shook her head, and got a hold of herself yet again. Years had passed. She preferred to hold onto the nice memories anyways... She didn't know why she was telling him, but she thought that it couldn't hurt to share something like that. It could be a way to begin a more trustful partnership.

Cute burrito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next