-10%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC Portable Gamer ASUS TUF Gaming F15 | 15,6″ FHD IPS 144 Hz – ...
599.99 € 669.99 €
Voir le deal

Undercover (Yvonne+Donovan)

2 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Undercover (Yvonne+Donovan) Empty Undercover (Yvonne+Donovan)

Post by Mary 19/11/16, 09:21 pm

Admiral Kizaru sighed as he looked at those files in front of him. Granted, he had never liked paperwork, but this time, even whatever data they contained had him feel a bit concerned. After Doflamingo's fault, it had been revealed that Vergo - one of his very own pupils, with benefits, one would say - had been an infiltred spy all along. That very idea was still unsettling, and had him wonder about many things that had happened over the years, or which had been said between them. Then... there was that young vice-admiral, Donovan, who had volunteered way too quickly to chase down the remaining generals of the Donquixote family. Things had never been cleared out, but he knew that something more than friendship had grown between the vice-admiral and their traitor. As his superior, he knew the lad could not be trusted. But Akainu had agreed to it without any second thought. The best he could do on his side was to appoint some other trustful officers to that mission, and make sure Donovan wouldn't screw anything up.
Speaking of trustful officers, he looked at his watch. Yvonne should get to his office soon for her pre-departure meeting.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Undercover (Yvonne+Donovan) Empty Re: Undercover (Yvonne+Donovan)

Post by Gravirei 19/11/16, 09:49 pm

Yvonne hurried towards Admiral Kizaru's office, her faithful foil hanging by her side. She had been glad when she had been asked to participate in this mission; it was a great opportunity to advance in her rapid career. Even though she couldn't quite understand why a mere Captain like her could have been choosen to go on such an important mission, and with a Vice Admiral too. 'Well, Admiral Kizaru will explain, I guess.' She greeted with a smile and a wave a couple of colleagues passing by and finally stopped before the closed door of an office. She knocked, and then opened the door, peeking inside. "Can I, Admiral?", she asked.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/11/16, 09:54 pm

"Do come in," answered Kizaru casually, as he laid back in the big armchair behind his desk. And he sighed yet again. Gosh, was he already exhausted. But he did smile nonchalantly at Yvonne. "Well, good morning Captain. How do you feel, today?~" For some reason, he always felt at ease with women, and simply enjoyed to exchange pleasantries with them.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/11/16, 10:25 pm

Yvonne nodded and smiled back at him, crossing the room to go and sitting on a small chair just before the desk. "Same old, Admiral. I am not a young girl anymore, but I keep up with everything just fine." She pushed a rebel strand of red hair aside, elegantly crossing her legs, her back straight. "What about you, Sir?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/11/16, 10:41 pm

"I'll be honest with you, paperwork is killing me," he replied with a smile, before straightening up too. "Do you want a cup of tea, perhaps? After all, I'll be quite throwing you into into the lion's den later today. And I fear there will be not fine delicacies where you're going."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/11/16, 10:56 pm

"Since you're being so nice to offer me one, I'll gladly take a cup of tea, yes." Yvonne looked at the mountain of paperwork on the desk, silently thanking herself for always doing everything right in the moment she was asked to. "It looks like you have a lot of work to do indeed", she observed, sounding slightly concerned. "I hope a pause will not slow you down too much."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/11/16, 11:03 pm

"Oh, don't worry. I'm so late in filling some of those that Sakazuki won't mind to wait another day or two," answered Kizaru lazily as he stood up, and poured Yvonne a cup of tea, which he offered to her. "And I think this little "pause" will be much needed, for I need you to know some informal details about your upcoming mission."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/11/16, 11:08 pm

Yvonne smiled at that observation, even though Fleet Admiral wasn't known to be someone who liked to wait that long. Especially for paperwork. She accepted the cup of tea with a nod and a "Thank you". She sipped at that, before asking, cautiously curious, "Informal details, Sir?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/11/16, 11:23 pm

Kizaru sighed ans slumped back into his chair. "Yes. I'll be honest with you, if I chose you to join Vice-Admiral Donovan in that mission, it's because I think he'll fail it."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 19/11/16, 11:35 pm

Yvonne furrowed her eyebrows at those words. ... fail it? Was this man so not worthy of trust that they expected him to fail the mission even before it started? And what did it have to do with her? A failure, at that point, would've meant a stop for her. A goodbye to her rank of Commodore, and to the respect she had gained between the lower and the higher ranks. Keeping a straight face, not to betray any of her fears, she asked, "Fail? And why that?" That why had a lot of questions in it.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 19/11/16, 11:48 pm

Kizaru sighed yet again. "Maybe did you hear any words about Smoker's report on ex-vice-admiral Vergo ?" That was a rhetorical quesiton. Of course everyone had heard of Vergo's unexplained betrayal. "He and Donovan were rather... close. Too close, maybe. The news broke him, and I fear he's enlisted into this while thinking this is some sort of a suicide mission. That's where I need you, Yvonne," he said, being quite serious for once. "I know you can be trusted, and that you'll never let anyone screw up a mission on your watch, be them one of your superiors."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 20/11/16, 12:16 am

Yvonne's expression shifted from carefully neutral to one of understanding preoccupation. "A... suicide mission. I see." She kept silent for a while, reflecting. She wasn't so presumptuous to say she knew how the Vice Admiral felt. No one could know someone else's pain or thoughts. But she knew she couldn't permit someone, not even someone she didn't know, to willingly screw up a mission, or worse, for a reason like that. Kizaru was right on that. She lifted her gaze to the Admiral, a faint smile on her lips. "You're asking me to smack some good sense into his head while completing this mission?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 20/11/16, 12:23 am

Kizaru nodded. "Yes. You'll be undercover anyway, so ranks won't matter in that case. Don't hesitate to put him back on the right tracks. He could prove himself useful with all his senses. And I'll make sure you'll be rightfully rewarded if you both manage to make the best out of that mission," he said, as he carefully sipped his tea.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 20/11/16, 12:38 am

Yvonne answered with a small nod. "I guess that since he is a Vice Admiral, he must be quite capable anyway. I won't hold myself back to keep him on his tracks." She sipped her tea quietly, sitting in a rigid position that was quite typical of her. "I am flattered you're counting on me with all the people you could choose though." She smiled. "I guess the other informations over the mission will come to me from Vice Admiral Donovan?"
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 20/11/16, 10:45 am

"Most of it, yes. But I wanted to give you some myself," replied Kizaru, as he landed her some files, explaining to her that their first target was the former diamond general, Diamante, and that he was trying to gather former minions to rescue their fallen master. "The mission might take several months, but it would be best to wait for him to either gather the greatest number of minions he can, or to wait for all former generals to be reunited. In that last case, I think that even Sakazuki would be somewhat greatful for your work," he said with a smile.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 20/11/16, 12:06 pm

"Oh, that would be nice." Yvonne smiled back, grabbing one of the files to study it a bit, before putting it back on the desk. "Well the duration isn't a problem. I had guessed it wouldn't be short... So I guess that we'll be undercover as two minions, correct?" She finally finished her tea.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 20/11/16, 01:04 pm

Kizaru nodded yet again. "You're free to play it the way you want. Remain unnoticed, or gain Diamante's trust, that's all up to you. What matters is that you help us catch as many of these rats as possible... and that you keep the Vice-Admiral on tracks. Do you have any further questions ?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 20/11/16, 02:24 pm

"No, I'd say not. I will figure out the more technical details on my way." Yvonne put the empty cup back on the Admiral's desk. "I won't disappoint you. In neither of your requests."

Last edited by Gravirei on 20/11/16, 02:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gravirei
Gravirei
Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 20/11/16, 02:32 pm

Kizaru smiled to her. "Thank you, captain. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon enough," he added with a wink. "You'll probably find the vice-admiral ready to go with you at the harbour."
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 20/11/16, 02:50 pm

Yvonne smiled back at him again. It was all too easy to do that, around Admiral Kizaru. She got up from her chair, stilling in a salute for a brief moment. "Thank you Sir. I'll be sending a report back as soon as it will be safe to do so." Then she walked to the door, leaving with a 'goodbye'.

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 20/11/16, 02:54 pm

Kizaru let her go, then sighed again. Nobody filled those damned papers while he was talking to her. Oh, well. Time to get back to work.

In the harbour, Donovan was just... Slumping over a wooden box. He was now less than the shadow of the man he had been. He who was usually so proud of himself, and dedicated so much time to style his hair or attire... did not seem to care anymore. Some would have thought he was mentally preparing himself to play the role of someone else for the upcoming months. Before, that's what he probably would have done. Now, he was just biting nervously at his nails, trying to think of one of those numerous ways he'd maybe have to personally take care of those previous Donquixote generals.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 20/11/16, 03:12 pm

Yvonne didn't take long to reach the harbour. Walking fast, a bit lost in her thoughts, she went back over the conversation she had just shared with Kizaru. A suicide mission... she hadn't really let it show before, but that point was quite worrying her. What if she wasn't able to foresee what kind of stupid things this man could do? What if- She stopped in her tracks, spotting the figure of a man sitting on a wooden box. She slowly walked up to him, stopping again when she was near enough. She cleared her throat. "Vice Admiral Donovan?"

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 20/11/16, 03:24 pm

Donovan slowly raised his head to look at her. A few month ago, he'd have started to flirt instantly with Yvonne, almost as a reflex. Today, he merely squinted a bit, then stood up. Then he seemed to recognize her. "Oh. Captain. Good morning," he said, as he offered to shake hands with her.
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravirei 20/11/16, 03:37 pm

Yvonne accepted his hand, shaking it. She studied his expression carefully, inspecting him. If she noticed something was off, she didn't tell out loud. She merely squinted her eyes a bit before letting his hand go, her usual, maternal smile back on her face. "It will be interesting to work with you. I hope we will get along."

Cute burrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary 20/11/16, 03:48 pm

As Kizaru had feared, Donovan seemed like a man who had lost hope and motivation into everything. And yet, he had been the one to volonteer for this mission. But she could read on his face that there was still hope in him, for he simply seemed to be... lost, actually. He shook her hand firmly nonetheless, before he burried it into his pocket. "I think we'll have no choice anyway. Not that I really intend to build tight bonds with Doflamingo's old minions," he sighed, before he ruffed his hair. "D'you hear anything about the ship we'd take, by the way ?"
Mary
Mary
Potato queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next